The Student Room Group

Turning down lse for ucas extra?

Hey, so I've received all 5 offers from the LSE, Birmingham, Bristol, Warwick and King's College. However, I'm not sure if I want to go to any of these universities. LSE seems like a depressing environment and I'd rather go somewhere reputable whilst having a decent night life and social setting. Also, now that I think about it, I don't really want to be in London, it's quite expensive and contrary to popular belief, it's not really the best city for British students. The rest of my other 4 choices just didn't appeal to me so I'm thinking of turning down all my offers and applying to Nottingham for UCAS extra. I really like Nottingham and am certain that I'll have a great uni experience there. While my priorities are a decent education, I also want the next three years to be a fun time. I'd appreciate your help!:smile:
You'll fine fun wherever you go, trust me!

Thins to consider are when selecting a uni are:

Course - accredited? topics?

City - Urban, out in middle of no where, safety

Culture - student life, city culture, work culture

There is another C i cant remember it tho
Think about the course and city reputation, perhaps there is scholarships and stuff

Write down a list of the pros and cons of each uni inc. the UCAS extra unis and consider your choices in depth
At the end of the day an acceptance is by no means set in stone, you still have adjustment. And if you think the UCAS Extra is for you go for it.

I strongly believe that the course should be your deciding factor and what you value above all else because it is what you will study! When you get to your later uni years there will be less partying more working. Uni ends and you have to think what you will be left with.

Im in Coventry currently and have strong ties to both Bham and Warwick. Bham has a sick night scene and warwick is a gorgeous uni as well! I also know nottingham sutton bonnington campus. It has a good night out but if you are sutton bonnington the transport links are atrocious. Just remember night life is an added bonus, you paid for uni to learn, you will leave with a degree you learnt
Original post by Ali12121
Hey, so I've received all 5 offers from the LSE, Birmingham, Bristol, Warwick and King's College. However, I'm not sure if I want to go to any of these universities. LSE seems like a depressing environment and I'd rather go somewhere reputable whilst having a decent night life and social setting. Also, now that I think about it, I don't really want to be in London, it's quite expensive and contrary to popular belief, it's not really the best city for British students. The rest of my other 4 choices just didn't appeal to me so I'm thinking of turning down all my offers and applying to Nottingham for UCAS extra. I really like Nottingham and am certain that I'll have a great uni experience there. While my priorities are a decent education, I also want the next three years to be a fun time. I'd appreciate your help!:smile:

Congratulations on getting 5 offers especially as LSE is so competitive.

If you now feel that you would rather go to Nottingham, the first step would be to email Notts Admissions and check that they are still accepting applications for your course via UCAS Extra, outline all your GCSE and A level predicted grades

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending