Midwifery entry requirements

Watch this thread
Ellie.mac101
Badges: 9
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
Hi there, hoping to apply for midwifery in scotland this year but I’ll still be working towards my highers as I will be sitting them in 2021, will this mean I’m less likely to get an offer? I have 3 strong sets of work experience, mental health, child care and some hospital stuff, is there much of a chance I will get a place as I’ll only have my predicted grades and my nat 5s

The entry requirements are:
BBBC at higher including English and preferably biology or human biology and psychology
Nat 5 Maths grade C or above if not at higher

My grades are predicted straight As in (because of corona virus they are very likely I’m told)
English
Maths
Chemistry
Biology
Psychology
Music

And I’m taking 5 highers
English
Human biology
Chemistry
Psychology
Music

Any help would be great
Thanks
Ellie
Emily_B
Badges: 15
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by Ellie.mac101)
Hi there, hoping to apply for midwifery in scotland this year but I’ll still be working towards my highers as I will be sitting them in 2021, will this mean I’m less likely to get an offer? I have 3 strong sets of work experience, mental health, child care and some hospital stuff, is there much of a chance I will get a place as I’ll only have my predicted grades and my nat 5s

The entry requirements are:
BBBC at higher including English and preferably biology or human biology and psychology
Nat 5 Maths grade C or above if not at higher

My grades are predicted straight As in (because of corona virus they are very likely I’m told)
English
Maths
Chemistry
Biology
Psychology
Music

And I’m taking 5 highers
English
Human biology
Chemistry
Psychology
Music

Any help would be great
Thanks
Ellie
If you don't finish your highers until 2021, why are you applying for 2020 entry? You won't get an offer for 2020 entry as you won't have met the entry requirements. Unless you apply now for 2021 entry, in which case, if you're predicted straight As and entry requirements are BBBC then you're likely to get an offer...
Ellie.mac101
Badges: 9
Rep:
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
(Original post by Emily_B)
If you don't finish your highers until 2021, why are you applying for 2020 entry? You won't get an offer for 2020 entry as you won't have met the entry requirements. Unless you apply now for 2021 entry, in which case, if you're predicted straight As and entry requirements are BBBC then you're likely to get an offer...
I’m hoping to apply this year as in October 20 - January 21 to start the course the following year, so starting September 2021, in predicted straight As at National 5 but our school has started our new courses early considering there’s no exams but it’s too early to tell what my predicted grade would be for my highers, but my guidance teacher did say to me she thinks I’ll grade well above what I need x
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Has advance information helped during your exams?

Yes (128)
67.37%
No (40)
21.05%
I didn't use it to prepare (22)
11.58%

Watched Threads