The Student Room Group

Nursing: Apply late or through clearing?

Hi everyone, so I’ve had a varied last few years and I’ve tried university (studying English) and it wasn’t for me so I left, then completed an apprenticeship. Now I’m back set on wanting to do Nursing which is what I wanted to do for a long time, however for whatever reason I decided against pursuing it. Now I’m ready to make this my career, I’ve worked in the NHS (part time and full time) for the last 4 years, and I’m aware I’ve well missed the January deadline to apply. However, I’m still really keen to start in September if possible? So I’m just wondering what do you think is best? To apply now (late) and send off my UCAS or to wait until clearing and try apply through that? I’m wanting to study Adult Nursing in the North West for some background. Thanks for any responses/advice in advance!
Original post by Jamesstanley0
Hi everyone, so I’ve had a varied last few years and I’ve tried university (studying English) and it wasn’t for me so I left, then completed an apprenticeship. Now I’m back set on wanting to do Nursing which is what I wanted to do for a long time, however for whatever reason I decided against pursuing it. Now I’m ready to make this my career, I’ve worked in the NHS (part time and full time) for the last 4 years, and I’m aware I’ve well missed the January deadline to apply. However, I’m still really keen to start in September if possible? So I’m just wondering what do you think is best? To apply now (late) and send off my UCAS or to wait until clearing and try apply through that? I’m wanting to study Adult Nursing in the North West for some background. Thanks for any responses/advice in advance!

Do you have the entry requirements at level 3 for a Nursing degree? i.e 3x A levels or equivalent including a science, preferably Bio or Chem?
After how many years did you leave the English degree?

The answer to your question is dont worry about the Jan deadline , its gone and you cant change that.
That said apply now as many courses still have places and adult nirsing will have the most.
You can look up courses here: This is within 25 miles of Warrington.
https://digital.ucas.com/coursedisplay/results/providers?searchTerm=Nursing%20(Adult)&studyYear=2020&destination=Undergraduate&postcode=WA1%201BE&distanceFromPostcode=25&postcodeDistanceSystem=imperial&pageNumber=1&sort=MostRelevant

You can select via how many UCAS points or what grades you have and distance to uni plus other things.
You might as well apply now as clearing wont open till July and you can use that if you dont get a place by direct application.
You can apply directly to some universities and you may be able to get an interview that way. That's what I've done, but I knew which uni I wanted to go to anyway, so you just need to make sure you're set on that university.

Quick Reply

Latest