sarasy
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
Ok so I have a form to fill on which externals I wish to take next year 2021, I'm taking the IGCSEs and need to complete 8 subjects.
I have already taken 3(arabic,english, and math) and I'm planning on doing three next year.
I need to have two science subjects, Biology is already chosen but here comes my dilemma.
In my senior year I'm gonna do 2 A levels, both of which need to be a math or science subjects, and I don't know if I should the chemistry or physics IGCSE and which is harder, but also which is better to be done as an A level.
To simplify, I've heard people say to take the chemistry IGCSE and the Physics A level because even though Chemistry is harder than physics it's better to do it and leave the A level for physics and vise versa.
Please tell me what you guys recommend.

Thank you in advance
lewisli_
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
It depends on you really. I’m not that familiar with IGCSE but I definitely do NOT recommend doing a different science for A-Level than your IGCSE; your A-Level builds on what you’ve already learnt at GCSE so I would suggest doing the same subject. Physics is more mathsy so if you’re good at maths, choose physics. A lot of people apparently struggle with chemistry but if you can wrap your head and think logically about the concepts in chemistry then pick chemistry - I’m biased for chemistry anyways
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What support do you need with your UCAS application?

I need help researching unis (19)
16.52%
I need help researching courses (8)
6.96%
I need help with filling out the application form (7)
6.09%
I need help with my personal statement (44)
38.26%
I need help with understanding how to make my application stand out (28)
24.35%
I need help with something else (let us know in the thread!) (2)
1.74%
I'm feeling confident about my application and don't need any help at the moment (7)
6.09%

Watched Threads