Beat way to revise/make English Literature (A Level ) notes

Watch
Fosbourne85
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 8 months ago
Hey guys,
So I’ve started making some English notes for Frankenstein one of my set texts and basically for every chapter I’m making a mindmap of it with a summary of key events and then trying to write down all the key quotes and like some analysis.
Do you guys think this is a good way of doing this and do you have any other better things I could do for A level texts in general ?
Thanks 😊😊
Heathenchem
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 8 months ago
I used this psychological trick for all my GCSE’s and AS and so far it works: read the text ten times write it down ten times and say it 5 times. Obviously it’s easier with shorter texts but it does work with longer texts too. 👍
I also have an app called ‘tinycards’ which is free it’s a flash card app that makes tests for the flash cards you make ;it’s really good.
I took English lit and Lang too so it works for that subject for me 👍
Last edited by Heathenchem; 8 months ago
Fosbourne85
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 8 months ago
(Original post by Heathernchem)
I used this psychological trick for all my GCSE’s and AS and so far it works: read the text ten times write it down ten times and say it 5 times. Obviously it’s easier with shorter texts but it does work with longer texts too. 👍
I also have an app called ‘tinycards’ which is free it’s a flash card app that makes tests for the flash cards you make ;it’s really good.
I took English lit and Lang too so it works for that subject for me 👍
Cool thanks 😊
absolutelysprout
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 8 months ago
make sure you're doing practice essays too!! sounds good what you're doing though.
ohnojay
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 8 months ago
Find key quotes then mind map around the quotes with as many ideas as possible, maybe several quotes per character and theme.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you experienced financial difficulties as a student due to Covid-19?

Yes, I have really struggled financially (29)
15.18%
I have experienced some financial difficulties (57)
29.84%
I haven't experienced any financial difficulties and things have stayed the same (75)
39.27%
I have had better financial opportunities as a result of the pandemic (25)
13.09%
I've had another experience (let us know in the thread!) (5)
2.62%

Watched Threads