The Student Room Group

Bicurious male

I want to flirt with my friend and get him to experiment with me, but I just talk to him over text what do I say?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Maybe check if he too is bicurious and if he is interested. If he is, just slowly bring the conversation around to it.
Reply 2
Original post by ohnojay
Maybe check if he too is bicurious and if he is interested. If he is, just slowly bring the conversation around to it.

But how do I find out if he’s bicurious how do I ask it
Reply 3
Make sure he is bicurious. If he is straight, don't try and convince him, or get mad at him for not being into it.
Reply 4
Original post by Anonymous
But how do I find out if he’s bicurious how do I ask it

Try slip it into conversation that you're bicurious, or you could ask if they have a girlfriend/boyfriend maybe? If you give people an option they usually specify which one.
Unless you know he’s bicurious then broaching the subject could potentially weird him out and ruin the friendship. I’m in the same position, I have a male friend who I’d love to experiment with, but in all the years I’ve known him he’s never given the slightest indication that he’s gay or bi, so I’m not brave enough to bring it up as it would almost certainly make him block me and never speak to me again if it turned out he wasn’t interested. It would be him who would have to bring it up and if he were bicurious I don’t think he’d ever say it for the same reason: I have never openly given any indication that I’m interested in him either, it’s a secret.

Funnily I had the same problem in secondary. I had a friend who I was desperate to do things with but as far as everyone knew he was straight and thus it was just a fantasy and so I would never have said anything to him. It was only a couple of years later that he had the courage to admit to me that he had also wanted to do stuff with me for years but he hadn’t been brave enough because he thought I was also straight!! We did do stuff in the end but not a lot because we both left school shortly afterwards.
Reply 6
Original post by ohnojay
Try slip it into conversation that you're bicurious, or you could ask if they have a girlfriend/boyfriend maybe? If you give people an option they usually specify which one.

Yeah I could make up something I just get a little nervous lol
Reply 7
Original post by LovelyMrFox
Make sure he is bicurious. If he is straight, don't try and convince him, or get mad at him for not being into it.

So should I flirt with him when I’m hanging out with him unless I actually know he’s bi then of course I would flirt with him
Reply 8
Unless you know he’s bicurious then broaching the subject could potentially weird him out and ruin the friendship. I’m in the same position, I have a male friend who I’d love to experiment with, but in all the years I’ve known him he’s never given the slightest indication that he’s gay or bi, so I’m not brave enough to bring it up as it would almost certainly make him block me and never speak to me again if it turned out he wasn’t interested. It would be him who would have to bring it up and if he were bicurious I don’t think he’d ever say it for the same reason: I have never openly given any indication that I’m interested in him either, it’s a secret.

Funnily I had the same problem in secondary. I had a friend who I was desperate to do things with but as far as everyone knew he was straight and thus it was just a fantasy and so I would never have said anything to him. It was only a couple of years later that he had the courage to admit to me that he had also wanted to do stuff with me for years but he hadn’t been brave enough because he thought I was also straight!! We did do stuff in the end but not a lot because we both left school shortly afterwards.

Yeah I don’t want to weird him he’s pretty cool we get along and I would love to bring it up, but I can’t cause I don’t know how but we are supposed to hang out so there’s that
Reply 9
Maybe play a drinking game with truth or dare kinda thing involved and initiate questions asking if he’d ever experiment like that.
Reply 10
So should I flirt with him when I’m hanging out with him unless I actually know he’s bi then of course I would flirt with him

Sure, I guess you could show him your interested. If he doesn't flirt back though, I would stop.
Does he know that you are interested in boys?
Sure, I guess you could show him your interested. If he doesn't flirt back though, I would stop.
Does he know that you are interested in boys?

He does not unfortunately I have made some jokes and I’ve told him he looks pretty good
Original post by Amyljax
Maybe play a drinking game with truth or dare kinda thing involved and initiate questions asking if he’d ever experiment like that.

Yeah that could work and would be a lot fun
Yeah that could work and would be a lot fun

Yeah, then you can find out what he’s into. If he doesn’t sound interested there’ll be other people in the future that will. If he is- great! You can maybe progress something. If you play it in a game and ask a group it doesnt have to be directed at him so it wont be awkward.
Reply 14
He does not unfortunately I have made some jokes and I’ve told him he looks pretty good

Does he know your interested in boys?
Original post by Amyljax
Yeah, then you can find out what he’s into. If he doesn’t sound interested there’ll be other people in the future that will. If he is- great! You can maybe progress something. If you play it in a game and ask a group it doesnt have to be directed at him so it wont be awkward.

Yeah and then hopefully he would like to have some fun I could always just text him that but it would probably ruin it
Does he know your interested in boys?

No should I text him and tell maybe he would be curious
Reply 17
No should I text him and tell maybe he would be curious

Sure, if your comfortable with it, I would come out to him if your interested in him.
Sure, if your comfortable with it, I would come out to him if your interested in him.

I do, but then I don’t I’m just nervous I just wanna have fun with him so bad
Original post by Amyljax

I probably would just like him and me at least I can flirt a little more in person and if we’re alone

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending