The Student Room Group

Been ghosted for a week, I sent a goodbye message and now suddenly she messages me??

I've been in a sort of friendship turned LDR with a girl for a couple of months umtil she decided to call off the romance for the sake of being too far from each other. She said she really valued me and wanted me around but as a friend because a romantic relationship couldn't work without seeing each other etc. She also explained how she needed to cut down her internet use as it was consuming her life. I understood.

The first week after that we were still talking, albeit less so. Then she basically went quiet for the past 2 weeks. I tried to initiate conversation a few times only to be ignored or have a short and closed reply. I assumed she had turned to ghosting me and so sent a heartfelt goodbye message telling her that this is the last message I'll send, that knowing her was a pleasure and wishing her a good life etc. That was 3 days ago and was until today unread.

The thing is...she has been almost absent from social media completely for that time and I've been wondering whether she is ACTUALLY ghosting me or not. She goes a whole day without being active on fb, went 4 days unactive on reddit, no posts and hadn't replied to comments on her fb page etc.

Thinking that was it, I was surprised to suddenly recieve a fb message today "Hey how's quarantine going??". Like, wtf. It's like she hasn't even read the message. I checked her fb and she's suddenly making posts again today, same on reddit. Am I dealing with a ghost or somebody who communicates in a VERY strange way? I'm confused to hell right now and haven't even opened her message because Idk if I should even respond.

What would you do?
(edited 4 years ago)
Did she open your goodbye message on fb?
If not, you might have to resend.
(edited 4 years ago)
Original post by Carpi123
I've been in a sort of friendship turned LDR with a girl for a couple of months umtil she decided to call off the romance for the sake of being too far from each other. She said she really valued me and wanted me around but as a friend because a romantic relationship couldn't work without seeing each other etc. She also explained how she needed to cut down her internet use as it was consuming her life. I understood.

The first week after that we were still talking, albeit less so. Then she was basically went quiet for the past 2 weeks. I tried to initiate conversation a few times only to be ignored or have a short and closed reply. I assumed she had turned to ghosting me and so sent a heartfelt goodbye message telling her that this is the last message I'll send, that knowing her was a pleasure and wishing her a good life etc. That was 3 days ago and was until today unread.

The thing is...she has been almost absent from social media completely for that time and I've been wondering whether she is ACTUALLY ghosting me or not. She goes a whole day without being active on fb, went 4 days unactive on reddit, no posts and hadn't replied to comments on her fb page etc.

Thinking that was it, I was surprised to suddenly recieve a fb message today "Hey how's quarantine going??". Like, wtf. It's like she hasn't even read the message. I checked her fb and she's suddenly making posts again today, same on reddit. Am I dealing with a ghost or somebody who communicates in a VERY strange way? I'm confused to hell right now and haven't even opened her message because Idk if I should even respond.

Wwyd?

Move on even if it seems difficult. Don't reply her message. Cut contact to keep your sanity. I've been there, and keeping your friendship doesn't work most times. Trust me, you'll find someone else!
Get out of there, it isn't worth the time.
Reply 4
Original post by Carpi123

The first week after that we were still talking, albeit less so. Then she was basically went quiet for the past 2 weeks. I tried to initiate conversation a few times only to be ignored or have a short and closed reply. I assumed she had turned to ghosting me and so sent a heartfelt goodbye message telling her that this is the last message I'll send, that knowing her was a pleasure and wishing her a good life etc. That was 3 days ago and was until today unread.

Wwyd?

she clearly hasn't given thought to the message you sent her. Sure, she might have been AWOL for a few days, but the message she sent you later is not it. She'll come to you when she needs you but then will disappear when you're of no use to her. Drop her.
Reply 5
Original post by londonmyst
Did she open your goodbye message on fb?
If not, you might have to resend.

Yea she's at least opened it as the message she sent today is in the same messenger conversation as I sent the goodbye message, hers is directly below it.
Reply 6
Original post by Anonymous
Move on even if it seems difficult. Don't reply her message. Cut contact to keep your sanity. I've been there, and keeping your friendship doesn't work most times. Trust me, you'll find someone else!

That's what I'm thinking. I thought she was amazing but after 2 weeks of no contact I feel better and less into her. I haven't opened the message thread and probably won't. I guess I'll see if she says anything else over the next couple of days or so...I'm genuinely curious wtf she's playing at.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending