The Student Room Group

Resits in Autumn

If you are retaking your GCSE exams in the autumn, where would you do it and will you be at a disadvantage as you may be behind your sixth form learning? Will you also be accepted to the sixth form if you are late doing the GCSE exams?
Reply 1
It depends on what college/ sixth form you want to go to and the course that you want to take. Some courses want you to have certain GCSE's with certain grades whilst others don't mind what GCSE's you did. Also are you retaking all of your GCSE'S? Because if that's the case you won't be able to do A levels as you need GCSE knowledge and grades to progress into a higher rank education like A levels.But if you are only re-taking one GCSE it may be hard keeping up with the work but it won't be a big deal if you're already revising and everything. Hope that helps.
Original post by JenebaJ
It depends on what college/ sixth form you want to go to and the course that you want to take. Some courses want you to have certain GCSE's with certain grades whilst others don't mind what GCSE's you did. Also are you retaking all of your GCSE'S? Because if that's the case you won't be able to do A levels as you need GCSE knowledge and grades to progress into a higher rank education like A levels.But if you are only re-taking one GCSE it may be hard keeping up with the work but it won't be a big deal if you're already revising and everything. Hope that helps.

I'm taking like 5 GCSEs as well as learning all the A-level content but I did alright in my mocks and also did good last year and the last year before but I'm worried that the predicted grades I get will be bad so I'm just making sure my GCSE knowledge is up to date as it will be much easier if I don't get good predicted grades and will have to retake. I will also study A-level as this is important for me because I want to know the content and knowledge of my courses much quicker. My previous exams I took last year in March/May, I got good GCSE grades but in the recent mocks I got didn't get as good as my last mocks but did alright in some subjects. It will be hard for me to revise 8 subjects but if I end up getting good predicted grades then I probably wasted my time as it's 50% because teachers will predict you higher but Ofqual may disapprove it and may change it. I am going to start revising as I need to. Thank you.
Do you know if it’s possible to just retake one or two of the exams rather than all of them? I never got a chance to revise geography and I want a chance to redeem myself but it’s now worth the stress and extra revision for everything else
Reply 4
Original post by Liawatsonx
Do you know if it’s possible to just retake one or two of the exams rather than all of them? I never got a chance to revise geography and I want a chance to redeem myself but it’s now worth the stress and extra revision for everything else

You can choose to re-sit as many GCSEs as you wish (but you will have to do all the exams for a subject).

Quick Reply