Are my revision notes books any good?

Watch this thread
PetitePanda
Badges: 22
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
I'm trying to buy some textbooks for A level history since I wasnt given any to take home for that subject. I have photocopies for Oxford one that's endorsed by AQA so I'm looking for alternatives. Can anyone give me their experience of them and what they are like?
04MR17
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by PetitePanda)
I'm trying to buy some textbooks for A level history since I wasnt given any to take home for that subject. I have photocopies for Oxford one that's endorsed by AQA so I'm looking for alternatives. Can anyone give me their experience of them and what they are like?
Are you doing AQA? In my experience if you've got the one that's endorsed by exam boards then that should have you sorted.

I'd always recommend CGP for something a lot less dense and a lot more light hearted but for subjects like History their A Level stuff doesn't always match up brilliantly with the spec due to the number and detail in the topics.

Which units are you doing and do you have textbook coverage on all of them right now?
PetitePanda
Rep:
(Original post by 04MR17)
Are you doing AQA? In my experience if you've got the one that's endorsed by exam boards then that should have you sorted.

I'd always recommend CGP for something a lot less dense and a lot more light hearted but for subjects like History their A Level stuff doesn't always match up brilliantly with the spec due to the number and detail in the topics.

Which units are you doing and do you have textbook coverage on all of them right now?
Yes I'm doing AQA and Tudors and Weimar/ Nazi Germany. I do have textbook coverage of all of them. Fortunately, Tudors and Nazi Germany have a lot of resources since its popular but there's a lot less for Weimar Germany tbh.
04MR17
Rep:
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by PetitePanda)
Yes I'm doing AQA and Tudors and Weimar/ Nazi Germany. I do have textbook coverage of all of them. Fortunately, Tudors and Nazi Germany have a lot of resources since its popular but there's a lot less for Weimar Germany tbh.
You'd be surprised for Weimar to be honest.
For AQA it's worth looking at reaources on Teachit.co.uk. Also worth looking at GetRevising, and TESConnect for more.
PetitePanda
Rep:
(Original post by 04MR17)
You'd be surprised for Weimar to be honest.
For AQA it's worth looking at reaources on Teachit.co.uk. Also worth looking at GetRevising, and TESConnect for more.
I will definitely thank you so much.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Y13's - If you haven't confirmed your firm and insurance choices yet, why is that?

I am waiting until the deadline in case anything in my life changes (5)
22.73%
I am waiting until the deadline in case something else changes (e.g. exams/pandemic related concerns) (1)
4.55%
I am waiting until I can see the unis in person (3)
13.64%
I still have more questions before I make my decision (2)
9.09%
No reason, just haven't entered it yet (6)
27.27%
Something else (let us know in the thread!) (5)
22.73%

Watched Threads