Is COVID-19 a good enough reason for Student Finance to fund me another year

Watch
Chadajadex
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
Am I able to get an extra year of funding from Student Finance for re-taking my third year at uni? Because of COVID-19 everything's gone up in the air and I just find it impossible to finish my third year like this. My course is 3 years long and I haven't taken any re-take years as of yet. I know you can get an extra year of funding but I don't know whether COVID-19 will be a good enough reason?
999tigger
Badges: 19
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by Chadajadex)
Am I able to get an extra year of funding from Student Finance for re-taking my third year at uni? Because of COVID-19 everything's gone up in the air and I just find it impossible to finish my third year like this. My course is 3 years long and I haven't taken any re-take years as of yet. I know you can get an extra year of funding but I don't know whether COVID-19 will be a good enough reason?
You get a gift year, no questions asked so if all you have used is 3, then you still have your gift year.
If not and you mean the event covid 19 I think not.
If you had it or were affected by it then possibly. Doctors note would help.
DazedDreamer
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by Chadajadex)
You haven't used your extra year of funding yet so you're fine if you need to retake. You only need to have a reason once you use up all your years of funding, and as a student on a 3 year course you have up to 4 years of funding available.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What support do you need with your UCAS application?

I need help researching unis (5)
8.93%
I need help researching courses (5)
8.93%
I need help with filling out the application form (3)
5.36%
I need help with my personal statement (24)
42.86%
I need help with understanding how to make my application stand out (14)
25%
I need help with something else (let us know in the thread!) (2)
3.57%
I'm feeling confident about my application and don't need any help at the moment (3)
5.36%

Watched Threads