ReubenBeck
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
Hi All!

I am in the second year of A-Levels and during this time at home and I have created a YouTube channel dedicated for myself to try and explain tricky topics in A-Levels. I study Physics, Mathematics and Chemistry and I would really like further my understand in these topics - explaining is one of the best ways to see whether you really understand a concept.

Do you have any particular topics or questions in these A-Levels that I can tackle myself as best I can. I am trying my best to help as many people also struggling with a particular topic as well and hopefully gain a new insight.

Plus any others thinking of doing natural science in September, I would love to reach out to you!

Hope you guys are all well during this time!

Reuben
hxdzz_m
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by ReubenBeck)
Hi All!

I am in the second year of A-Levels and during this time at home and I have created a YouTube channel dedicated for myself to try and explain tricky topics in A-Levels. I study Physics, Mathematics and Chemistry and I would really like further my understand in these topics - explaining is one of the best ways to see whether you really understand a concept.

Do you have any particular topics or questions in these A-Levels that I can tackle myself as best I can. I am trying my best to help as many people also struggling with a particular topic as well and hopefully gain a new insight.

Plus any others thinking of doing natural science in September, I would love to reach out to you!

Hope you guys are all well during this time!

Reuben
Mechanisms in general - understanding them and whatnot - being able to remember all the steps and all that

Getting your head around markovnikovs rule and Kc calculations
Last edited by hxdzz_m; 1 year ago
ReubenBeck
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
(Original post by hxdzz_m)
Mechanisms in general - understanding them and whatnot - being able to remember all the steps and all that

For myself I find the mechanisms in chemistry fairly straightforward and this is definitely due to a intuition I have built, instead of memorizing all the mechanisms I just try to imagine what an electron would want to do. I had an idea to go through every mechanism for organic synthesis and try to understand what is happening - would it help if I tried to explain and explore how I think about mechanisms?

As for markiovnikovs rule I think the same principle applies: thinking about electrons, their charge and where they would want to go.
Dexter345
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by hxdzz_m)

Mechanisms are a blessing, easy marks in the exam, just memorise them
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How would you feel if uni students needed to be double vaccinated to start in Autumn?

I'd feel reassured about my own health (33)
14.8%
I'd feel reassured my learning may be less disrupted by isolations/lockdowns (68)
30.49%
I'd feel less anxious about being around large groups (27)
12.11%
I don't mind if others are vaccinated or not (19)
8.52%
I'm concerned it may disadvantage some students (13)
5.83%
I think it's an unfair expectation (60)
26.91%
Something else (tell us in the thread) (3)
1.35%

Watched Threads