samarianuel
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
I am trying to write my analysis of task for my product design A-Level (Year 12 gang) and i have literally no idea what it is supposed to entail. I also can't ask the teacher what it is because it was supposed to be done ages ago. Literally i just need to know what i'm supposed to write.
Thanks!
999tigger
Badges: 19
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by samarianuel)
I am trying to write my analysis of task for my product design A-Level (Year 12 gang) and i have literally no idea what it is supposed to entail. I also can't ask the teacher what it is because it was supposed to be done ages ago. Literally i just need to know what i'm supposed to write.
Thanks!
https://www.google.com/search?client...4dUDCAs&uact=5
samarianuel
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
I already checked that and didn't understand it but thanks anyway
CoolCavy
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
It basically a run through of a task step by step. Say you wanted to design a product to help with washing up you need to do a task analysis of someone doing washing up. So each stage movement by movement e.g raise hand. Once you have done that you need to number each step from 1-10 (1 being very easy and 10 being the hardest). The idea is to identify the areas where there are 'pain points' i.e frustrations that the user has, this will then help you design a product for the task as you know which areas the consumer has trouble with.
Ideally you would observe someone doing the task but if you are behind then i would advise just doing it yourself or watching youtube videos of someone doing your chosen task. Hope that helped
Ellery Hanley
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Get a sheet of paper. Do a spider diagram.This is a very early page. It shows thinking not definite answers. They come later.List as many questions as you can about the project you are attempting. Who what when why where ?E.g. What will it look like?What variations could I make?What materials can I use ? What safety considerations must I keep in mind ? Will it need to conform to standards?Who will use it? Environmental issues?Will I have to buy anything?Is it’s style influenced by anything?- Think of questions relevant to the project. Write lists of possibilities as answers, not definite answers. I.e What materials could I use?Aluminium, Brass, Stainless Steel, polypropylene. Acrylic.When you have done it. Type it up.I’m not sure if you should present it as a spider diagram or typed up but either is good for me.
Ellery Hanley
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by Ellery Hanley)
Get a sheet of paper. Do a spider diagram.This is a very early page. It shows thinking not definite answers. They come later.List as many questions as you can about the project you are attempting. Who what when why where ?E.g. What will it look like?What variations could I make?What materials can I use ? What safety considerations must I keep in mind ? Will it need to conform to standards?Who will use it? Environmental issues?Will I have to buy anything?Is it’s style influenced by anything?- Think of questions relevant to the project. Write lists of possibilities as answers, not definite answers. I.e What materials could I use?Aluminium, Brass, Stainless Steel, polypropylene. Acrylic.When you have done it. Type it up.I’m not sure if you should present it as a spider diagram or typed up but either is good for me.
Also look up ACCESSFM to help you with question ideas.
CoolCavy
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by Ellery Hanley)
This is the initial design spec not the task analysis
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Who is winning Euro 2020

France (82)
26.54%
England (105)
33.98%
Belgium (26)
8.41%
Germany (37)
11.97%
Spain (5)
1.62%