The Student Room Group

Worried about the future

I’m set to graduate in summer from uni however I worry I have done the wrong degree and will never get a job. I studied tourism and it makes me feel depressed seeing the news right now about the industry and anxious. I feel depressed about things at the moment as I have nobody to talk to since I have alone and get lonely.

Any advice?
Original post by EwanInSolna
I’m set to graduate in summer from uni however I worry I have done the wrong degree and will never get a job. I studied tourism and it makes me feel depressed seeing the news right now about the industry and aDnxious. I feel depressed about things at the moment as I have nobody to talk to since I have alone and get lonely.

Any advice?

Don't worry!

Tourism has been and always will be a very employable degree!
Here are just a few jobs it can lead to:
-Air Cabin Crew
-Tourism Manager
-Hotel Manager
-Event Manager
-Hotel Bussiness
-Holiday Rep
-Tour Manager

Even though the tourism industry might be taking a bit of a hit there will still be lots of jobs! Remember quite a lot of people who apply for these jobs are people like teenagers who are looking for a quick part-time fix. You'll be the most qualified and -probably- the most motivated to do well- I think thats what a lot of employers look for.

Like others have said, look for graduate scheme and try and ask your uni for advice!
You are right to be worried about the future I am too.

Quick Reply

Latest