The Student Room Group
Mappin Building
University of Sheffield
Sheffield

Sheffield Accommodation queerie

Hello so if someone could help I'd be super thankful!

So I have a feeling I'm maybe applying to accom far too late as when I logged into Muse and chose Ranmoor/Endcliffe options there's only about 3/4 options... there's rooms available for Cresent Flat, Crewe flat and Endlciffe Cresent... I have no idea which is better etc, I really want to be in a sociable flat and think I've missed out?

also everyone is saying Endcliffe is better than Ranmoor but i dont see an option to choose?

Also, I really need a standard as I can't afford anything more than that!
Those are all the standard blocks (not ensuite) and they are all in Endcliffe rather than Ranmoor. All the rooms in Ranmoor are ensuite so this is why you can't see it as an option!

You've not applied too late, those just are the only options for people that want standard accommodation because most of the blocks are ensuite.

So the two main options are:

Crewe Flats
Pros:
- Really Pretty Building
- Has it's own tennis courts and fields
- Large rooms
- Slightly closer to uni

Cons:
- about 5 minutes walk from the main Endcliffe village so might feel a bit cut off
- The quality of the different flats can vary (some are really nice and some are a bit more run down) so can be a bit of luck involved

Endcliffe Crescent Flats
Pros:
- Close to the the Edge and the centre of Endcliffe village
- Close to the main field on Endcliffe which is nice in the summer

Cons:
- Not as pretty as crewe

From experience the blocks with standard bathrooms tend to have more down to earth people and are more social so both options will have good social lives.
Mappin Building
University of Sheffield
Sheffield
Original post by chapmase
Those are all the standard blocks (not ensuite) and they are all in Endcliffe rather than Ranmoor. All the rooms in Ranmoor are ensuite so this is why you can't see it as an option!

You've not applied too late, those just are the only options for people that want standard accommodation because most of the blocks are ensuite.

So the two main options are:

Crewe Flats
Pros:
- Really Pretty Building
- Has it's own tennis courts and fields
- Large rooms
- Slightly closer to uni

Cons:
- about 5 minutes walk from the main Endcliffe village so might feel a bit cut off
- The quality of the different flats can vary (some are really nice and some are a bit more run down) so can be a bit of luck involved

Endcliffe Crescent Flats
Pros:
- Close to the the Edge and the centre of Endcliffe village
- Close to the main field on Endcliffe which is nice in the summer

Cons:
- Not as pretty as crewe

From experience the blocks with standard bathrooms tend to have more down to earth people and are more social so both options will have good social lives.

Thank you! This was super helpful! I chose Endcliffe Crewe in the end :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending