The Student Room Group

Need help with BTEC business unit 8 recruitment and selection processes assignment.

I've been so confused about this for so long and whenever I ask my teacher for help he just says do the best you can.

he has never done any teaching for this and we've had to do the interview part of it at home with family and Im not sure I've even done that bit right.

I'm a distinction student and I've found the other units ok but I think that's because we had a different teacher who actually taught us.

since we are in lockdown I've only been able to email my teacher. ive asked him to look at the work ive done so far and if he could help but as expected his only reply was do the best you can. he wouldn't even look at the work completed so far. I don't usually ask for help because I'm quite an independent learner and I can usually figure things out on my own, but I'm just finding this so difficult to complete and it's due in a few days.

it's really stressing me out because I can't find any information online and the textbook and specification don't really help. no one in my class speaks to me so they wont help, but to be honest I don't think they are doing it anyway since I am the only one who attends the live lessons where my teacher just reminds us to continue working and doesn't actually help me.

I've gotten down to the last two parts of section C but I've hit a block. I don't even think I've done the rest of it right and I can't ask anyone else for help.

I've just ended up looking at a blank screen all day trying to figure out what to write but nothing comes to mind. the only information our teacher has given us is the titles and they aren't very clear. he wont even send the power points used when teaching this unit last year.

I need to get a distinction in this to get into uni.

can anyone please help?
Original post by tvshowaddict2112
I've been so confused about this for so long and whenever I ask my teacher for help he just says do the best you can.

he has never done any teaching for this and we've had to do the interview part of it at home with family and Im not sure I've even done that bit right.

I'm a distinction student and I've found the other units ok but I think that's because we had a different teacher who actually taught us.

since we are in lockdown I've only been able to email my teacher. ive asked him to look at the work ive done so far and if he could help but as expected his only reply was do the best you can. he wouldn't even look at the work completed so far. I don't usually ask for help because I'm quite an independent learner and I can usually figure things out on my own, but I'm just finding this so difficult to complete and it's due in a few days.

it's really stressing me out because I can't find any information online and the textbook and specification don't really help. no one in my class speaks to me so they wont help, but to be honest I don't think they are doing it anyway since I am the only one who attends the live lessons where my teacher just reminds us to continue working and doesn't actually help me.

I've gotten down to the last two parts of section C but I've hit a block. I don't even think I've done the rest of it right and I can't ask anyone else for help.

I've just ended up looking at a blank screen all day trying to figure out what to write but nothing comes to mind. the only information our teacher has given us is the titles and they aren't very clear. he wont even send the power points used when teaching this unit last year.

I need to get a distinction in this to get into uni.

can anyone please help?

Hi there, what are the criteria you are stuck on?
Hi I’m doing this unit too! I’ve already done the task you’re on so if you need help with anything in particular, pm me and I can try to help!
hi im in the same situation I am stuck on D2/D3 also if you are able to help
When I did D2, I wrote something along the lines of what the main documents are briefly (i.e CV,Job advert, Job description, etc) then below each I wrote how they will support the process for example a CV so they will know more about them and if they have relevant skills or job description allows applicant to know what they may be doing as well as meaning employers may get more interested and suitable candidates. Then I concluded with what I believe was the most important document/documents. Then I evaluated my mock interview saying where I could improve and what I did well.For D3 I went through the whole recruitment and selection process saying which legislation were relevant and where for example abiding by the Equality Act 2010 for selecting the candidate. Then I concluded with saying the most important part and why, how the best practice helps me (the legislation, for example ensures I wasn't discriminated against and gave me an equal opportunity) and to finish it off I said how knowing the process can benefit me for example know what to expect and be prepared.This is only meant as a rough guide, but if your lecturer is saying it has to be done in a different way stick to their way.I cannot guarantee this is right because I did this unit last year in my first year and some things may have changed but overall I got a distinction on this unit.
Original post by Ethan Fry
When I did D2, I wrote something along the lines of what the main documents are briefly (i.e CV,Job advert, Job description, etc) then below each I wrote how they will support the process for example a CV so they will know more about them and if they have relevant skills or job description allows applicant to know what they may be doing as well as meaning employers may get more interested and suitable candidates. Then I concluded with what I believe was the most important document/documents. Then I evaluated my mock interview saying where I could improve and what I did well.For D3 I went through the whole recruitment and selection process saying which legislation were relevant and where for example abiding by the Equality Act 2010 for selecting the candidate. Then I concluded with saying the most important part and why, how the best practice helps me (the legislation, for example ensures I wasn't discriminated against and gave me an equal opportunity) and to finish it off I said how knowing the process can benefit me for example know what to expect and be prepared.This is only meant as a rough guide, but if your lecturer is saying it has to be done in a different way stick to their way.I cannot guarantee this is right because I did this unit last year in my first year and some things may have changed but overall I got a distinction on this unit.

Perfect thank you! i appreciate the help x
Reply 6
Original post by mckenzie489
Hi I’m doing this unit too! I’ve already done the task you’re on so if you need help with anything in particular, pm me and I can try to help!

Im doing this unit at the moment. Could you send this to me by any chance?
Original post by mckenzie489

Hi, I know its been a year later, but would you be able to help me out as well, It would be much appreciated :smile:
Reply 8
Good day
I know this is a lot later, but can anyone give me a full assignment that has been verified for units 8, 5 and 19 to enable me to use it as a guide?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending