The Student Room Group

gcse history to history a level

for history a level -

am i going to need to fill in any ‘knowledge gaps’ from gcse to be prepared for a level?

i know i should probably look at question layouts and plans but other than that, is there anything else i need to know from gcse history for a level history?

these are the topic i did at gcse -
- america: opportunity and equality
- conflict and tension in asia: korea and vietnam
- britain’s people: elizabeth england
- britain’s health: medicine

these are the topics that i will do at a level -
- Tsarist and Communist Russia 1855- 1964 *Part One 1855-1917
*Part Two 1917-1964
- Wars and Welfare 1906-1957 Part One 1906- *1929 Part Two 1929-1957
- Historical Investigation

thank you
(edited 4 years ago)
I've moved your thread to a more relevant section
Reply 2
Original post by spacingoutagainx
for history a level -

am i going to need to fill in any ‘knowledge gaps’ from gcse to be prepared for a level?

i know i should probably look at question layouts and plans but other than that, is there anything else i need to know from gcse history for a level history?

these are the topic i did at gcse -
- america: opportunity and equality
- britain’s people: elizabeth england
- britain’s health: medicine

these are the topics that i will do at a level -
- Tsarist and Communist Russia 1855- 1964 *Part One 1855-1917
*Part Two 1917-1964
- Wars and Welfare 1906-1957 Part One 1906- *1929 Part Two 1929-1957
- Historical Investigation

thank you

I wouldn't worry too much about knowledge gaps in terms of facts as you're going to be studying completely different historical topics at A level. If you can get hold of any bits of reading to do around the time frames, that might be interesting.
Just bear in mind that A level requires more analysis than GCSE, and bouncing arguments off each other is always good at A level (need to ask WHY more - The History Boys is a good film to watch for an idea of the higher level needed)
Tbh nothing really. I went into A level history doing different topics from what I did from GCSE. I suggest you watch some documentaries or some youtube videos to get a rough overview of what you'll be learning and looking at the specification of the topics and exam structure

hello could you please explain regarding this if you have enough time to do? I suddenly found this topic interesting

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending