Idontknowsh1t
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
I can’t decide which uni to firm for law. I’ve gotten offers from Lancaster, Newcastle, Leeds and Essex. I’m most likely going to put Essex as an insurance. I’ve never been to any of the campuses except for Newcastle, since I’m currently studying a foundation degree here. Between Lancaster and Newcastle which uni would you say is a better pick for law? In terms of reputation, job prospects, etc. I’m not very sure about Leeds — just my gut, but do you think it would be better than those two?
harrysbar
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by Idontknowsh1t)
I can’t decide which uni to firm for law. I’ve gotten offers from Lancaster, Newcastle, Leeds and Essex. I’m most likely going to put Essex as an insurance. I’ve never been to any of the campuses except for Newcastle, since I’m currently studying a foundation degree here. Between Lancaster and Newcastle which uni would you say is a better pick for law? In terms of reputation, job prospects, etc. I’m not very sure about Leeds — just my gut, but do you think it would be better than those two?
There's barely any difference between Lancaster & Newcastle in terms of reputation etc so if you are happy at Newcastle I would stay there and only move to Lancaster if you would prefer a smaller, quieter city. Have you checked with Lancaster & Leeds that they would accept a foundation course from Newcastle because they are really designed for you to carry on at the same uni not switch to another?
Idontknowsh1t
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
I haven’t really checked, but I’ve gotten conditional offers and they’ve given me a minimum grade to achieve. But I’m glad to hear that Lancaster and Newcastle have similar reputations! Thank you for your response.
harrysbar
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by Idontknowsh1t)
I haven’t really checked, but I’ve gotten conditional offers and they’ve given me a minimum grade to achieve. But I’m glad to hear that Lancaster and Newcastle have similar reputations! Thank you for your response.
That's ok and if they have given you a minumum grade to achieve that means they would accept you if you get that grade so that's good
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you tempted to change your firm university choice on A-level results day?

Yes, I'll try and go to a uni higher up the league tables (22)
27.5%
Yes, there is a uni that I prefer and I'll fit in better (8)
10%
No I am happy with my choice (45)
56.25%
I'm using Clearing when I have my exam results (5)
6.25%

Watched Threads