How do i convince my teacher to let me take triple science

Watch
This discussion is closed.
nyllie2004
Badges: 15
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
^^6 im in top set science but not triple still combined helpppppp
biscuits113
Badges: 3
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 1 year ago
I took triple science at GCSE and managed to do so by persuading teachers that I am dedicated to the subject and will work extremely hard in order to get the grades I deserve. Work really hard in class (ie answer questions and get good grades) to show that you can get the top grades, know what you are doing the next lesson so you can read up on the subject, talk to your teacher and explain that your hardworking and determined to get amazing grades in all 3 sciences. Good luck x
nyllie2004
Rep:
(Original post by biscuits113)
I took triple science at GCSE and managed to do so by persuading teachers that I am dedicated to the subject and will work extremely hard in order to get the grades I deserve. Work really hard in class (ie answer questions and get good grades) to show that you can get the top grades, know what you are doing the next lesson so you can read up on the subject, talk to your teacher and explain that your hardworking and determined to get amazing grades in all 3 sciences. Good luck x
thankss but im soo worried because we cant take end of year tests to determine if we can get in triple or not, but in my most recent test i got 80% do u think they will let me? im sooooo worried because i know i will forever regret not taking triple
Chumter
Badges: 14
Rep:
Report 1 year ago
It depends if you want to do a science based job in the future , I want to do triple too but my science teachers said no :/
nyllie2004
Rep:
(Original post by Chumter)
It depends if you want to do a science based job in the future , I want to do triple too but my science teachers said no :/
yeah i want to do a science based job in the future so taking triple will benefit me and plus its not that much different to combined only a little bit mor topics for each science so to not take it for me it will be a waste but imma convince my teacher.
what year are you in,and did you try to atleast convince ur teacer?
Chumter
Rep:
Report 1 year ago
I’m in year 10 atm going into yr 11 in sep. I got 8’s and 7’s in my tests and tried to convince the teachers but only set 1 can do it , I’m set 2 and most students in set 1 cheat or get lower than me . I want to do a science based career as well ( forensic science) . And it is only a couple of topics and a couple of more practicals and the teacher said it’s better to get a 99 than a 887.
nyllie2004
Rep:
I’m in year 10 atm going into yr 11 in sep. I got 8’s and 7’s in my tests and tried to convince the teachers but only set 1 can do it , I’m set 2 and most students in set 1 cheat or get lower than me . I want to do a science based career as well ( forensic science) . And it is only a couple of topics and a couple of more practicals and the teacher said it’s better to get a 99 than a 887.
omg please convince your teacher i do combined as well and get 7s and 8s and tbh what ur teacher said about 99 better than 887 is absolutely ridiciluous they are both very good grades and tbh if u get 887 u can get 999 with more effort. i'm gonna proper convince my teacher bc at the end of the day its my grades and my future and i defo know i would regret not taking triple science. btw i think u can teach urself triple content using free science lessons, i used his vids to teach my self triple content and did some practice questions but hopefully i can get into triple if i dont ill prolly be vv upset ngl
nyllie2004
Rep:
thats the same in my school the triple set most of them cheat and its not fair for those of us who actually want to take it smh
but mhy schools kinds weird im in set 1 and do combined but the top top set (higher than set 1 ) take triple and majority of them literally got 30% of end of year 9 test
Chumter
Rep:
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by nyllie2004)
thats the same in my school the triple set most of them cheat and its not fair for those of us who actually want to take it smh
but mhy schools kinds weird im in set 1 and do combined but the top top set (higher than set 1 ) take triple and majority of them literally got 30% of end of year 9 test
So what are you going to do then ?

I mean my backup plan is becoming a mechanic as I find that it’s a chill job , but I want to do a levels can you even do a levels and become a mechanic ?
nyllie2004
Rep:
So what are you going to do then ?

I mean my backup plan is becoming a mechanic as I find that it’s a chill job , but I want to do a levels can you even do a levels and become a mechanic ?
ive sent a msg to my teacher and some of my friends who've done combined in yr10 are doing triple in y11 so i hve some hope. and yes u can do a levels and become a mechanic bc my brother does mechanics and he ddid physics maths furhter maths and chem for a level or i think u can do btec somehting idk
Reality Check
Badges: 22
Rep:
Report 1 year ago
ive sent a msg to my teacher and some of my friends who've done combined in yr10 are doing triple in y11 so i hve some hope. and yes u can do a levels and become a mechanic bc my brother does mechanics and he ddid physics maths furhter maths and chem for a level or i think u can do btec somehting idk
You haven't said anywhere in this why you're so desperate to do triple anyway?
nyllie2004
Rep:
(Original post by Reality Check)
wdym? i gave reasons to my teacher but i didn't write it here
nyllie2004
Rep:
(Original post by Reality Check)
I want to do it because i want to do a science based job in the future, i want to take it for a level, and my sixth form requires you to take triple (you cant take combined, if u do combined u can do applied science, but i want to do a level) i'd have less exams to do in year 11 since triple exams are 45 mins longer than combined, and i enjoy science in general so it'd be a waste to not take it ygm ?
Chumter
Rep:
Report 1 year ago
What did you write in the message ?

I want to write one to my teacher aswell but I might feel dumb after writing it as she already said no like 2 times
nyllie2004
Rep:
What did you write in the message ?

I want to write one to my teacher aswell but I might feel dumb after writing it as she already said no like 2 times
ahhh thats how i felt as well but i just sent it ill pm u what i said
SarcAndSpark
Badges: 20
Rep:
Report 1 year ago
Honestly, guys, you can still do science A-levels and a science degree even if you've just done double science. If you school won't let you, find a sixth form college that will.

Changing to triple when you've done half the course or more already will put you at more of a disadvantage than doing double, as there would be lots of extra content you'd have to self teach. But it honestly won't hold you back at A-level.
Chumter
Rep:
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by SarcAndSpark)
Honestly, guys, you can still do science A-levels and a science degree even if you've just done double science. If you school won't let you, find a sixth form college that will.

Changing to triple when you've done half the course or more already will put you at more of a disadvantage than doing double, as there would be lots of extra content you'd have to self teach. But it honestly won't hold you back at A-level.
This is true but i have around 4 months off school and already have individual science books , i can self teach very well . Along with the work that the teacher is setting but if you and another person wanted a job and had similar grades in college , the employer will look at your Gcse's and if the guy/girl did triple science then she/he will be picked over you . Other factors count in this aswell like work exp , if you did any work out side of school like charity work etc;
SarcAndSpark
Badges: 20
Rep:
Report 1 year ago
This is true but i have around 4 months off school and already have individual science books , i can self teach very well . Along with the work that the teacher is setting but if you and another person wanted a job and had similar grades in college , the employer will look at your Gcse's and if the guy/girl did triple science then she/he will be picked over you . Other factors count in this aswell like work exp , if you did any work out side of school like charity work etc;
I say this as a science grad and now a science teacher. No-one has ever cared about my triple science GCSE.

Work experience etc will count hugely more when you come to get a job, as well as how you do at interview.

Focus on spending this time working towards getting the best grades you can- that will matter more than whether you did triple science or not.
nyllie2004
Rep:
I say this as a science grad and now a science teacher. No-one has ever cared about my triple science GCSE.

Work experience etc will count hugely more when you come to get a job, as well as how you do at interview.

Focus on spending this time working towards getting the best grades you can- that will matter more than whether you did triple science or not.
my sixth form requires triple science for a level u cant do combined lol
nyllie2004
Rep:

my sixth form requires triple science for a level u cant do combined lol
also another reason why i dont want to do combinde is that for example say if you got like a grade 5 in chem and 9s in physics and bio it affects your whole grade so thats why id prefer to take triple
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How would you describe the quality of the digital skills you're taught at school?

Excellent (3)
7.32%
Okay (16)
39.02%
A bit lacking (11)
26.83%
Not good at all (11)
26.83%

Watched Threads