How do i convince my teacher to let me take triple science

Watch
This discussion is closed.
SarcAndSpark
Badges: 20
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by nyllie2004)
my sixth form requires triple science for a level u cant do combined lol
Then find another one that will let you- most of them do. That's going to be easier than picking up triple science part way through the course.

also another reason why i dont want to do combinde is that for example say if you got like a grade 5 in chem and 9s in physics and bio it affects your whole grade so thats why id prefer to take triple
That is true, but if you're capable of a grade 9 in physics and biology, then you're capable of getting a decent grade in chemistry, too. Don't forget the other sciences pull up your overall grade as well.

If you're part way through the course, then switching is quite difficult. It's easy for you to say that you will catch up the work, but some of the triple only content is quite difficult to self teach (e.g. in biology everything attached to the co-ordination and control topic (eye, brain, ADH)). This is often covered in Y10, so your school may have already done it in class.

It's really rare for schools to let students switch between the two, except very early on in the course. The time to have this conversation was before you were split up into triple/combined groups. So, if you want to do Science A-levels, you need to look for another sixth form.
nyllie2004
Badges: 15
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
(Original post by SarcAndSpark)
Then find another one that will let you- most of them do. That's going to be easier than picking up triple science part way through the course.

That is true, but if you're capable of a grade 9 in physics and biology, then you're capable of getting a decent grade in chemistry, too. Don't forget the other sciences pull up your overall grade as well.

If you're part way through the course, then switching is quite difficult. It's easy for you to say that you will catch up the work, but some of the triple only content is quite difficult to self teach (e.g. in biology everything attached to the co-ordination and control topic (eye, brain, ADH)). This is often covered in Y10, so your school may have already done it in class.

It's really rare for schools to let students switch between the two, except very early on in the course. The time to have this conversation was before you were split up into triple/combined groups. So, if you want to do Science A-levels, you need to look for another sixth form.
oop my teacher let me take triple but thank you for your advice i appreciate it. btw is in the co-ordination topic do you learn about cerebellum and medulla etc? because i learnt some stuff about the brain in psychology like the lobes and stuff
Chumter
Badges: 14
Rep:
Report 1 year ago
Nice , that you got in . What did she mention in her reply ?
nyllie2004
Rep:
(Original post by Chumter)
Nice , that you got in . What did she mention in her reply ?
she said that she doesn't mind me being in triple but i will have to work hard and gave me the topics i missed in year 9 so im gonna learn that
btw did ur teacher say anything to u?
Chumter
Badges: 14
Rep:
Report 1 year ago
No not yet . But does this mean you will be moved set or can anyone in any set can do triple ?
nyllie2004
Rep:
(Original post by Chumter)
No not yet . But does this mean you will be moved set or can anyone in any set can do triple ?
i moved sets only the high set 1 can do triple
SarcAndSpark
Badges: 20
Rep:
Report 1 year ago
oop my teacher let me take triple but thank you for your advice i appreciate it. btw is in the co-ordination topic do you learn about cerebellum and medulla etc? because i learnt some stuff about the brain in psychology like the lobes and stuff
That's good to hear- you'll definitely have to work hard to catch up!

Yeah, the extra topics in co-ordination and control are the eye, the brain and the kidney. If you do psychology, the brain should be alright, but the eye is often the one people find trickiest.
setyrrr
Badges: 1
Rep:
Report 1 week ago
did you get to do triple and if you did how?
Last edited by setyrrr; 1 week ago
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How would you describe the quality of the digital skills you're taught at school?

Excellent (13)
8.97%
Okay (44)
30.34%
A bit lacking (51)
35.17%
Not good at all (37)
25.52%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed