The Student Room Group
Students on campus at Queen Mary, University of London
Queen Mary, University Of London
London

Queen Mary

Is qmul a good university?

Scroll to see replies

My sister went there and said it was a depressing experience but that’s because she chose the wrong subject
Students on campus at Queen Mary, University of London
Queen Mary, University Of London
London
well its ranked in the top 20 so sksksksksks
Ranking doesn't matter. Been to QM and wasn't really a good vibe.
I’ve heard good things about it, just firmed it the other day and I’m really excited about it
Have many mates that went there and said the same as everyone: uni is what you make of it
It’s a Russell group and University of London
Research output it really high
If you’re excited about it there’s no reason you wouldn’t like it
Also rankings don’t really mean much
Reply 5
Original post by Anonymous
Ranking doesn't matter. Been to QM and wasn't really a good vibe.

What course did you do ?
Reply 6
I’ve heard good things about it, just firmed it the other day and I’m really excited about it
Have many mates that went there and said the same as everyone: uni is what you make of it
It’s a Russell group and University of London
Research output it really high
If you’re excited about it there’s no reason you wouldn’t like it
Also rankings don’t really mean much

Is it counted as a prestigious university then?
What course did you do ?

Computer Science, biggest regret. I transferred universities and having a much better experience. Btw I didn't transfer because I failed (got a first within the first year, just didn't enjoy the environment).
Reply 8
Original post by endergirl123
well its ranked in the top 20 so sksksksksks

I thought it was ranked 40th lol
It’s not Cambridge or imperial prestigious but it’s a well respectable uni
Computer Science, biggest regret. I transferred universities and having a much better experience. Btw I didn't transfer because I failed (got a first within the first year, just didn't enjoy the environment).

What didn’t you like about computer science there? And where did you switch?
i've sitied

Is qmul a good university?

i've visited several times and I can confirm the Uni has the most terrible vibe - "depressing expeience" is how I would word it too. Don't go there if you can help it.

Oh dear. That's what I was planning on doing there :frown:
Original post by A Rolling Stone
i've sitied

i've visited several times and I can confirm the Uni has the most terrible vibe - "depressing expeience" is how I would word it too. Don't go there if you can help it.

Like the people or the academic environment ?
Like the people or the academic environment ?

the people, the campus, the location. QMuL does output good research.
What didn’t you like about computer science there? And where did you switch?

Oh dear. That's what I was planning on doing there :frown:

I've moved to Greenwich University. The teaching their is far more interactive and directly aimed at you, rather than QM which is aimed at audiences of 300 per lecture. Even the labs sessions within QM was impossible when required help or support from the helpers/teachers.

Also, computer science turned more into a math course at QM which I understand CS consists of, but when it came to second year it was heavily intense math even for myself where I got an A in maths within GCSE. Doing Computing now at Greenwich and I'm having a much better time and experience and I do not regret one bit moving to a 'lesser' university. Nowadays, it's more about experience than where you studied anyways.
been rejected from kcl so qmul will be good enough!
hopefully i find some good people there
I've moved to Greenwich University. The teaching their is far more interactive and directly aimed at you, rather than QM which is aimed at audiences of 300 per lecture. Even the labs sessions within QM was impossible when required help or support from the helpers/teachers.

Also, computer science turned more into a math course at QM which I understand CS consists of, but when it came to second year it was heavily intense math even for myself where I got an A in maths within GCSE. Doing Computing now at Greenwich and I'm having a much better time and experience and I do not regret one bit moving to a 'lesser' university. Nowadays, it's more about experience than where you studied anyways.

I applied for computer science and mathematics, is that a big course?
I’m planning to do computer science with management. Does that have a lot of maths content and what are job prospects like ?
been rejected from kcl so qmul will be good enough!
hopefully i find some good people there

Did you have all the GCSE requirements? Also what subjects did you do?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending