Consultation on the Royal Family

Watch
Poll: What should happen to the Royal Family?
Keep them in their current position (status quo) (12)
33.33%
Hold a referendum on what should happen to them (7)
19.44%
Have a Royal Family but keep it slimmed down (5)
13.89%
Abolish the Royal Family (5)
13.89%
Abolish the Royal Family, and nationalise their property (4)
11.11%
Give the Royal Family more legislative power (3)
8.33%
None of the above/other (please say in comments) (0)
0%
Iñigo de Loyola
Badges: 19
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
Disclaimer - this is not an official TSR Conservative or MHoC consultation but something I am undertaking to gauge public opinion

Good afternoon TSR. I am a member of the Model House of Commons and I'm carrying out this thread as a consultation to see how TSR feels about the Royal Family. I would appreciate it if you vote in the poll at the top and/or post below with your thoughts on the Royal Family. This consultation will affect legislation I put forward (regarding any referendum on the Royals) so it's important you express your opinion so that the MHoC can represent the will of TSR.

Thanks for your time,
LiberOfLondon.
The Mogg
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 1 year ago
bunch of benders innit
Iñigo de Loyola
Rep:
(Original post by The Mogg)
bunch of benders innit
:rofl:
The poll's up if you want to vote in that
Drewski
Rep:
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by LiberOfLondon)
Disclaimer - this is not an official TSR Conservative or MHoC consultation but something I am undertaking to gauge public opinion

Good afternoon TSR. I am a member of the Model House of Commons and I'm carrying out this thread as a consultation to see how TSR feels about the Royal Family. I would appreciate it if you vote in the poll at the top and/or post below with your thoughts on the Royal Family. This consultation will affect legislation I put forward (regarding any referendum on the Royals) so it's important you express your opinion so that the MHoC can represent the will of TSR.

Thanks for your time,
LiberOfLondon.
You need to edit your poll settings, it looks like you can vote for all at once.
Iñigo de Loyola
Rep:
(Original post by Drewski)
You need to edit your poll settings, it looks like you can vote for all at once.
It's a multiple-choice poll so that people can vote for several things (for instance, if they want to keep the Royals but have a referendum on it)
The Mogg
Rep:
Report 1 year ago
But what if I want to Give the Royals more legislative power AND abolish them dammit?!
Drewski
Rep:
Report 1 year ago
It's a multiple-choice poll so that people can vote for several things (for instance, if they want to keep the Royals but have a referendum on it)
That's going to skew your results.
Iñigo de Loyola
Rep:
That's going to skew your results.
How so?
Drewski
Rep:
Report 1 year ago
How so?
See post #6.
Theloniouss
Badges: 21
Rep:
Report 1 year ago
See post #6.
But nobody would (realistically) select both of those
Fullofsurprises
Badges: 20
Rep:
Report 1 year ago
Good to see the referendum (my preference) in the lead.

I love the Queen, but have very little time for most of the rest of the royals and from a patriotic point of view, would be glad to see the monarchy ended when she goes, as it undermines the modernisation of Britain and is appallingly damaging to the family themselves.
Drewski
Rep:
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by Knortfoxx)
It's a TSR thread and poll on the Royal Family. It's going to be neither realistic nor rational.
Fullofsurprises
Badges: 20
Rep:
Report 1 year ago
It's a TSR thread and poll on the Royal Family. It's going to be neither realistic nor rational.
Sounds like fun. :teehee:
Obolinda
Rep:
Report 1 year ago
Have voted
The Mogg
Rep:
Report 1 year ago
Well who says everyone would based on reason and rationality? Some may vote absurd combinations like the one I gave earlier "for the lols"
Theloniouss
Rep:
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by The Mogg)
Well who says everyone would based on reason and rationality? Some may vote absurd combinations like the one I gave earlier "for the lols"
That would be a truly epic prank. I like to think most people would properly engage with the question though.
The Mogg
Rep:
Report 1 year ago
That would be a truly epic prank. I like to think most people would properly engage with the question though.
Truly epic indeed. Most will, but this is TSR, we have our fair share of loonies.
Spoiler:
Show
I should know, I'm one of them :wink2:
Theloniouss
Rep:
Report 1 year ago
These multiple choice polls would be better if we could see what percentage of people voted for each option instead of the overall percentage of the vote for each option.
04MR17
Badges: 22
Rep:
Report 1 year ago
Lizards :yep:
username2998742
Badges: 22
Rep:
Report 1 year ago
Get rid of 'em :yep:
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How would you describe the quality of the digital skills you're taught at school?

Excellent (18)
8.37%
Okay (64)
29.77%
A bit lacking (81)
37.67%
Not good at all (52)
24.19%

Watched Threads