BSaber
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 9 months ago
Hiya!
I've applied for Zoology at Aberdeen, Glasgow, Exeter, Bangor and Reading. I've got replies from all of them but still haven't decided which to firm. My A-levels were Biology, Chemistry and Drama and Theatre Studies. Basically, I was planning on going to an Aberdeen open day but it got cancelled. I was wondering if anyone has been to have a look and could tell me about it please?
Many thanks!
Anonymous #1
Report 7 months ago
Hi

I don't know if you've already made a decision because your post is 4 weeks old, but I'm a current student at Aberdeen and I'd be more than happy to answer any questions you might have

Because you asked about the city/campus - I absolutely love the campus, I think it's incredibly beautiful but obviously nowhere near Glasgow's campus for example. However, I personally absolutely hate Glasgow - I think it's one of the dirtiest and unfriendliest cities I've ever been to, plus it rains *a lot*. Aberdeen is one of the sunniest cities in Scotland, and whilst it still rains often (because it's Scotland obviously), there's so much more sun than in Edinburgh or Glasgow, which I love.
Glasgow is also pretty unsafe, and Aberdeen is one of the safest cities in the UK I believe, so there's that.

I don't know whether you care about uni rankings or anything like that, but I guess there's no way around at least acknowledging that both Glasgow and especially Exeter are pretty good unis.

If you have any questions (if you haven't made your decision yet obviously) or if you want me to send you pictures (I don't even know if that is possible on here haha), just reply and I'd be really happy to help
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you have the space and resources you need to succeed in home learning?

Yes I have everything I need (394)
56.61%
I don't have everything I need (302)
43.39%

Watched Threads