noelwills04
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 months ago
well i was looking at my dream car (1991 na miata) and a lot of people recommend it as a first car because of its price and im a bit of a grease monkey with a level 1 qual in motor engineering. what first car is everyone thinking of, or have had? i might have to rethink my idea after seeing them though πŸ˜‚
NancarrowSunset
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 5 months ago
For my first car I have a Volkswagon Polo. It's a 1.2 litre engine, 5 door car. Absolutely brilliant car for me, because it's small but gets me where I need to be. Also, it isn't a very powerful car so my insurance isn't ridiculously high, so money wise it is brilliant too. I love my car so much, I literally named it Tony hahaha!
You're dream car looks nice, but I would be sure to not get one with too much power or one that's too new, because the insurance will be absolutely mad. I assume you're new to driving if you're talking about your first car?

Hope this helps
noelwills04
Rep:
?
(Original post by NancarrowSunset)
For my first car I have a Volkswagon Polo. It's a 1.2 litre engine, 5 door car. Absolutely brilliant car for me, because it's small but gets me where I need to be. Also, it isn't a very powerful car so my insurance isn't ridiculously high, so money wise it is brilliant too. I love my car so much, I literally named it Tony hahaha!
You're dream car looks nice, but I would be sure to not get one with too much power or one that's too new, because the insurance will be absolutely mad. I assume you're new to driving if you're talking about your first car?

Hope this helps
great advice thanks! the car does not have much power and is mocked for being slow πŸ˜‚the insurance isn't too much, not the cheapest but im willing to pay it for the dream of owning that car. of which i shall name felix hahahaha
ReadingMum
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 5 months ago
I have owned 2 MX5s in the past - great cars but I am not sure they make a good 'first car'. They are a lot of fun, quite nippy as they are so light and so you could get yourself in quite a pickle if you weren't that experienced a driver.
RogerOxon
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 5 months ago
(Original post by noelwills04)
i might have to rethink my idea after seeing them though πŸ˜‚
What's putting you off them?
noelwills04
Rep:
?
(Original post by RogerOxon)
What's putting you off them?
no no, this is my dream car. An NA miata is an absolute dream and ever since i got a ride in one, i'm willing to do anything to own one. But by hearing about other peoples first car, i might see that they aren't a good first car but a second car.
RogerOxon
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 5 months ago
(Original post by noelwills04)
no no, this is my dream car. An NA miata is an absolute dream and ever since i got a ride in one, i'm willing to do anything to own one. But by hearing about other peoples first car, i might see that they aren't a good first car but a second car.
I see, and agree. Get some experience in something slow, more practical, and less fun, first.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Current uni students - are you thinking of dropping out of university?

Yes, I'm seriously considering dropping out (46)
15.97%
I'm not sure (8)
2.78%
No, I'm going to stick it out for now (100)
34.72%
I have already dropped out (4)
1.39%
I'm not a current university student (130)
45.14%

Watched Threads