isobel.mg
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
I have to write an essay with the question, 'pride plays a key role in the downfall of tragic heroes'. To what extent do you agree? But I am unsure what to write for poems of John Keats for the poems. Can anyone help? I also need to relate this to Death of A Salesman
Medici66
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Keats : Lamia
(depending on which you deem to be the tragic hero)
- Lycius’ insistence on having a wedding despite it causing Lamia considerable distress
- Lamia’s deception of Lycius ( eg: using magic to travel faster and of course being a serpent)

Things that could be spoken about in counter :

- the unconditional love between Lamia + Lycius ( Lamia’s propensity to sacrifice her own comfort to maintain the happiness of Lycius)——- and thus —— the role played by Apollonius as the tragic villain
- that the allegory of the poem being to warn against living a life of passion divorced from reason
( threatening dire consequences)

Eve of SA
- the uncertainty created in Madeline’s life by Porphyro

Miller
- The effect of Willie’s delusions of grandeur on his sons + Linda

Counter :
- link back to human condition ( misconceptions of success created by lack of value in new consumerist world——- requiem )

Hope this helps a bit ,
Good luck
isobel.mg
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
(Original post by Medici66)
Keats : Lamia
(depending on which you deem to be the tragic hero)
- Lycius’ insistence on having a wedding despite it causing Lamia considerable distress
- Lamia’s deception of Lycius ( eg: using magic to travel faster and of course being a serpent)

Things that could be spoken about in counter :

- the unconditional love between Lamia + Lycius ( Lamia’s propensity to sacrifice her own comfort to maintain the happiness of Lycius)——- and thus —— the role played by Apollonius as the tragic villain
- that the allegory of the poem being to warn against living a life of passion divorced from reason
( threatening dire consequences)

Eve of SA
- the uncertainty created in Madeline’s life by Porphyro

Miller
- The effect of Willie’s delusions of grandeur on his sons + Linda

Counter :
- link back to human condition ( misconceptions of success created by lack of value in new consumerist world——- requiem )

Hope this helps a bit ,
Good luck
this helps so much thank you!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you think receiving Teacher Assessed Grades will impact your future?

I'm worried it will negatively impact me getting into university/college (209)
43.54%
I'm worried that I'm not academically prepared for the next stage in my educational journey (56)
11.67%
I'm worried it will impact my future career (36)
7.5%
I'm worried that my grades will be seen as 'lesser' because I didn't take exams (102)
21.25%
I don't think that receiving these grades will impact my future (50)
10.42%
I think that receiving these grades will affect me in another way (let us know in the discussion!) (27)
5.63%

Watched Threads