The Student Room Group

UEL invited me for an online Test and Interview for social work BA

Hello Community,
I applied for the course Social work BA at the University of East London and after over 2 Months I finally got an answer, with an invitation for a online Test and a Interview on the Phone because of the currently Situation with the coronavirus.
I have 2 weeks to preper myself and was wondering if someone Else is maybe in the same Situation and how you are preper yourself or if someone is already studying social work at the UEL and if they have ans advices ? what is this Test about maybe?
I am Really thankful for every answer :smile:

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Original post by lizza11
Hello Community,
I applied for the course Social work BA at the University of East London and after over 2 Months I finally got an answer, with an invitation for a online Test and a Interview on the Phone because of the currently Situation with the coronavirus.
I have 2 weeks to preper myself and was wondering if someone Else is maybe in the same Situation and how you are preper yourself or if someone is already studying social work at the UEL and if they have ans advices ? what is this Test about maybe?
I am Really thankful for every answer :smile:

Hi. I. might be able to help, I went there last year and had my test day, group chat, and individual interview all on the same day. Test day was like you all went into this classroom and sit and do an essay relating to a case that they will give on the day. It is a scenario about a case assigned to if you are the social worker. It is more about what are you going to do as a social worker that given this task. Make sure you read about the Acts, legislation, policies that social worker practice at work. When you answer that essay, make sure you put references too as it will give you a better score. After you finished the essay they will guide you to the other building to wait, while they checked everyone's essay and that's where they will call your name and group you with other applicants and go in a room, and this is another test, it is a group test. Do make sure you let others talk and be patient and interact (they will give you a case as a group to discuss)after this, you wait outside to be called for one to one interview. Then they will tell you they will keep in touch for the result. Good luck and all the best! :-)
Reply 2
Original post by KGB2020
Hi. I. might be able to help, I went there last year and had my test day, group chat, and individual interview all on the same day. Test day was like you all went into this classroom and sit and do an essay relating to a case that they will give on the day. It is a scenario about a case assigned to if you are the social worker. It is more about what are you going to do as a social worker that given this task. Make sure you read about the Acts, legislation, policies that social worker practice at work. When you answer that essay, make sure you put references too as it will give you a better score. After you finished the essay they will guide you to the other building to wait, while they checked everyone's essay and that's where they will call your name and group you with other applicants and go in a room, and this is another test, it is a group test. Do make sure you let others talk and be patient and interact (they will give you a case as a group to discuss)after this, you wait outside to be called for one to one interview. Then they will tell you they will keep in touch for the result. Good luck and all the best! :-)

Thank you very, very much for your answer and advices! :smile:
Reply 3
hi when is your test ? i did mine last week : and have got in. i was sent a case study to read and had 45 mins to write.there were 2 questions 1. how would you communicate with the person in the case study and 2nd what were the issues and possible risks later that day i had the telephone inyterveiw which was about 30 mins. what motivated mewhat skills, what challenges would i face when studying and what am a good at when working as a team. i was then read a scenario and was asked my veiws about it answers were based on ethics and values etc etc
Reply 4
Original post by KGB2020

hi,
are you enjoying it at UEL .... is it good for ba sw ? are the staff supportive ?
Reply 5
Original post by shkada
hi when is your test ? i did mine last week : and have got in. i was sent a case study to read and had 45 mins to write.there were 2 questions 1. how would you communicate with the person in the case study and 2nd what were the issues and possible risks later that day i had the telephone inyterveiw which was about 30 mins. what motivated mewhat skills, what challenges would i face when studying and what am a good at when working as a team. i was then read a scenario and was asked my veiws about it answers were based on ethics and values etc etc

because it was emailed to me i still have , but not sure of the chances of it being the same. but would imagine similar. where else have you applied for ?
Reply 6
Original post by shkada
hi,
are you enjoying it at UEL .... is it good for ba sw ? are the staff supportive ?

Hi. I am not at UEL, had offered but didn't pass my Maths so my offer was canceled. I might apply this year. But not sure as I live far from Stratford campus. The good things are, they told me once I pass my Maths, just let them know and they will put the offer back. Congrats and All the best!
Reply 7
Original post by shkada

Thank you so much for your asnwer, I was not that active the last days, I have my test tomorrow and to read your answer and advice today is giving me more strengh to deal with that tomorrow. Thank you.
Reply 8
Happy to help and good luck.
Where else have u applied for ?.
I also got into south bank.
Remember keep all your answers based on sw values and ethics. X
Reply 9
Original post by shkada
Happy to help and good luck.
Where else have u applied for ?.
I also got into south bank.
Remember keep all your answers based on sw values and ethics. X

Oh wow this is amazing, congratulations. And with which university will you go? I also applied for kingston university and Goldsmiths University ( where I also have a Test Next week on monday ) Thank you very much! :smile:
Reply 10
Great news!
All very good uni's you have applied for, for SW. They just to far for me to travel to. I'm more central London.
I truly wish you all the best xxx just remember equal ops, equality and rights and you should smash it.
Keep me posted x
Reply 11
Thank you for your help, I had a Really Good feeling After the test and at the end of the day know, I got an unconditional offer from the UEL! I am Really Really Happy and totally glad :smile:
Reply 12
Amazing news. It's such a good feeling right ?
Will you accept the offer ? I'm still.not 100 % sure with my offers yet. Trying to decide what I'm looking for in a UNI and what makes it good.
Reply 13
Was your case study similar to what I had posted?
Reply 14
Original post by shkada
Amazing news. It's such a good feeling right ?
Will you accept the offer ? I'm still.not 100 % sure with my offers yet. Trying to decide what I'm looking for in a UNI and what makes it good.

It is such a great feeling, I still wanted to wait for my results from the other Uni Next week and then I will See, but I have to say I am already Really sure that the UEL is one of my favorites!^^ I totally undertand you, I also Think it is not an easy decision to make, which universities do you also have?? what is the main Thing you are looking for in your university Choice? :smile:
I’m going to UEL
Reply 16
Amazing,
Are you looking forward to it?.
I wonder if teaching will start on site for sept or online due to covi.
Where else did u apply for and do i habe much experience in sw
Original post by shkada
Amazing,

I’m studying photography at uel well going to be, I was wondering the same thing will it open for 2020
Original post by shkada
Amazing,

I’m studying photography at uel well going to be, I was wondering the same thing will it open for sep 2020
Reply 19
Original post by shkada
because it was emailed to me i still have , but not sure of the chances of it being the same. but would imagine similar. where else have you applied for ?

Please could you repost this file? I am unable to open it.

Quick Reply

Latest