Nigeriana
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 6 months ago
Hi. My name is Elizabeth. I'm a non UK citizen. I would like to know if I am eligible for student finance to study in England. I am Nigerian but I have lived in Italy for 10 years ( from 2009 to 2019), I have Italian parmanent residency but I don't have an EU passport. I now like in sweden. My grandma lives and works in the UK and has an Italian passport . I am applying for a 4 tier general visa to study in the uk and I'm in need of financial support. Can I ask for student loan as an eu student??
PQ
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 6 months ago
If you need a visa to live in the UK then you aren’t eligible for government funding.
Nigeriana
Rep:
?
(Original post by PQ)
If you need a visa to live in the UK then you aren’t eligible for government funding.
Can I ask for student loan from another country? Because I live in Sweden, it might be possible to apply for loan in Sweden to study abroad.
Nigeriana
Rep:
?
(Original post by Nigeriana)
Can I ask for student loan from another country? Because I live in Sweden, it might be possible to apply for loan in Sweden to study abroad.
(Original post by PQ)
Are you sure ? I was told that student finance loan doesn't count as "public funds "
PQ
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 6 months ago
Are you sure ? I was told that student finance loan doesn't count as "public funds "
Ask the experts if you don't believe me
https://www.ukcisa.org.uk/Informatio...ort#layer-6193

It might not count as public funds but that also doesn't mean you're eligible if you need a tier 4 visa to enter the country!
SFE Isaac
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 6 months ago
Hi. My name is Elizabeth. I'm a non UK citizen. I would like to know if I am eligible for student finance to study in England. I am Nigerian but I have lived in Italy for 10 years ( from 2009 to 2019), I have Italian parmanent residency but I don't have an EU passport. I now like in sweden. My grandma lives and works in the UK and has an Italian passport . I am applying for a 4 tier general visa to study in the uk and I'm in need of financial support. Can I ask for student loan as an eu student??
Hi there, you will be ineligible for SFE funding, are your parents EU Nationals in the UK or only your Grandma?

As a non EU National, to receive EU funding, you must be a family member of an EU National and must be able to prove legal residency status for any periods of residency in the UK, if you don't have any period of residency in the UK then you may be asked to provide treaty rights evidence.

Thanks, Isaac.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Current uni students - are you thinking of dropping out of university?

Yes, I'm seriously considering dropping out (186)
14.11%
I'm not sure (59)
4.48%
No, I'm going to stick it out for now (387)
29.36%
I have already dropped out (37)
2.81%
I'm not a current university student (649)
49.24%

Watched Threads