Mental Health tips during COVID-19 Hub

Watch
BurstingBubbles
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago

Mental Health tips during COVID-19 Hub thread

Since the outbreak of COVID-19, closure of schools and cancellations of exams, we'd noticed a significant increase in people on TSR reaching out for mental health support. In response, we ran a poll which asked you about what were the top factors impacting your mental health right now? The response was pretty huge, with over 4,400 votes (and counting).

Over the next couple of weeks we'd like to get your tips about how you're dealing with the six most common concerns impacting mental health right now. We'll then be working on producing some further advice pieces to support lots more young people with their mental health during this difficult time.

Threads so far:

Mental health tips during COVID-19: dealing with uncertainty around my education
Mental health tips during COVID-19: lack of purpose or routine
Mental health/relationship tips during COVID-19: maintaining a healthy relationship
Keeping your mind active during lock down!
Feeling "weird" during lock down? The psychology behind it and a bit of self help!

Which topics would you like advice or support with? Post below

If this issue is affecting you, you can also find some advice from our friends at PAPYRUS-UK on coping with school, university and exam cancellations. Or if you'd like to chat to someone, you can contact Papyrus by phone: 0800 068 4141, text: 07860039967 or email: [email protected]
Last edited by BurstingBubbles; 11 months ago
Sadruz Zaman
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by BurstingBubbles)

Mental Health tips during COVID-19 Hub thread

Since the outbreak of COVID-19, closure of schools and cancellations of exams, we'd noticed a significant increase in people on TSR reaching out for mental health support. In response, we ran a poll which asked you about what were the top factors impacting your mental health right now? The response was pretty huge, with over 4,400 votes (and counting).

Over the next couple of weeks we'd like to get your tips about how you're dealing with the six most common concerns impacting mental health right now. We'll then be working on producing some further advice pieces to support lots more young people with their mental health during this difficult time.

Threads so far:

Mental health tips during COVID-19: dealing with uncertainty around my education
Mental health tips during COVID-19: lack of purpose or routine
Mental health/relationship tips during COVID-19: maintaining a healthy relationship

Which topics would you like advice or support with? Post below

If this issue is affecting you, you can also find some advice from our friends at PAPYRUS-UK on coping with school, university and exam cancellations. Or if you'd like to chat to someone, you can contact Papyrus by phone: 0800 068 4141, text: 07860039967 or email: [email protected]
Thanks for offering support.
Kind regards
KotoVann
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 10 months ago
This is really important to know.
KotoVann
Rep:
?
Report 10 months ago
Antidepressants should be taken very carefully.
PAPYRUS-UK
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 10 months ago
(Original post by Sadruz Zaman)
Thanks for offering support.
Kind regards
You are so welcome, our team of advisers at PAPYRUS are here to give support and advice in any way we can with anything that is impacting anyone's mental health. We are over the moon our advice has been useful.

Best wishes
Erika:snow:
healthtimes
Rep:
?
Report 6 months ago
Good article.Thank you for sharing this. This is important to know of many people especially this is one of the effects of Covid-19.
Anonymous #1
Report 6 months ago
Great article - Has anyone heard of Sonic Reset Therapy?

www.sonicresettherapy.com

Just had my second session, pretty mind blowing stuff.
srisi
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 4 months ago
Really helpful.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What factors affect your mental health the most right now?

Anxiousness about lockdown easing (159)
4.93%
Uncertainty around my education (471)
14.62%
Uncertainty around my future career prospects (360)
11.17%
Lack of purpose or motivation (452)
14.03%
Lack of support system (eg. teachers, counsellors, delays in care) (151)
4.69%
Impact of lockdown on physical health (193)
5.99%
Loneliness (279)
8.66%
Financial worries (114)
3.54%
Concern about myself or my loves ones getting/having been ill (129)
4%
Exposure to negative news/social media (147)
4.56%
Lack of real life entertainment (177)
5.49%
Lack of confidence in making big life decisions (288)
8.94%
Worry about missed opportunities during the pandemic (302)
9.37%

Watched Threads