Music Courses in Edinbugh Napier or University of Glasgow?

Watch
TheHodgsonator
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
Hi, I'm an applicant living in the Scottish Highlands (very little city experience), looking to study music this year (assuming the courses go ahead as normal). I have attainable offers from UofG and Napier. I have narrowed down my options to BMus at uni of Glasgow and BA Popular music at Napier, and as a very indecisive individual, the tension of having to make a well informed decision is playing on my mind quite strongly.

I am looking for a course with a balance of practical performance and academia that allows me to study music as a broad subject in many different contexts. I am a bass player (both electric and upright) and an intermediate (though enthusiastic!) cellist with a particular interest in jazz, blues and funk as well as world music.

Is there anyone studying music or that knows anyone doing so in either of these courses that are able to provide any pros or cons, even if it's just regarding the university as a whole or simply the music scenes in the opposing cities?
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Feeling behind at school/college? What is the best thing your teachers could to help you catch up?

Extra compulsory independent learning activities (eg, homework tasks) (2)
3.23%
Run extra compulsory lessons or workshops (8)
12.9%
Focus on making the normal lesson time with them as high quality as possible (9)
14.52%
Focus on making the normal learning resources as high quality/accessible as possible (7)
11.29%
Provide extra optional activities, lessons and/or workshops (25)
40.32%
Assess students, decide who needs extra support and focus on these students (11)
17.74%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed