The Student Room Group

I’m scared to grow up

I’m turning 18 pretty soon and I’m scared I feel like before I was excited and stuff but I’m lowkey scared and I feel like a loser for saying this, I’ll be leaving the house for uni soon (hopefully), be able to drink (I know I don’t have to but I used to look forward to it but now I’m just scared) , have a boyfriend (hopefully) and overall just be a grown up. I acc sound like a loser but I’m scared, I honk I’m just overthinking this but I’m scared, I don’t know I think it’s this whole coronavirus situation like I have this feeling I have no control over my future esp since alevels got cancelled and my grades r literally up in the air so I have no clue what’s going to happen in regards to my future. Urghshhh im just nervous and I sound like a complete loser
Original post by CCUupcake123
I’m turning 18 pretty soon and I’m scared I feel like before I was excited and stuff but I’m lowkey scared and I feel like a loser for saying this, I’ll be leaving the house for uni soon (hopefully), be able to drink (I know I don’t have to but I used to look forward to it but now I’m just scared) , have a boyfriend (hopefully) and overall just be a grown up. I acc sound like a loser but I’m scared, I honk I’m just overthinking this but I’m scared, I don’t know I think it’s this whole coronavirus situation like I have this feeling I have no control over my future esp since alevels got cancelled and my grades r literally up in the air so I have no clue what’s going to happen in regards to my future. Urghshhh im just nervous and I sound like a complete loser

You don’t sound like a complete loser! You’re anxious and that’s just human x honestly I’m scared too. I don’t turn 18 till May next year but I’m terrified. My GCSE results were terrible because of bullying. The bullying then made me too scared to attend college for most of the year so my attendance is low. With a low attendance I can’t get into college for September so on my record I’ll only have failed GCSEs and a low attendance for both school and college. I’m scared because it’ll be harder for me to get a job and such. Don’t ever feel like a complete loser for being scared, because all you’re doing is proving your human <3

Quick Reply

Latest