username5215060
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 9 months ago
hii congrats to all those who got in LSE in 2020! Im currently a CBSE student in India and wish to apply to LSE for law in 2021 as its my dream school!! Can anyone give me a little guidance on how to enhance my chances of getting in?
I have a good academic record, scored 90-95% from 9th grade to 12th grade (currently in 12th)
Im an avid MUNer, debater and orator, i perform theatre and have been volunteering too. I also write poetry and prose and have a blog. Im extremely passionate about law and want to study at LSE!
If anyone has any advice, please help me out because this is soooooooo stressful
econplussal
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 9 months ago
Hey there! I don’t work in admissions so I won’t have the EXACT answers but I did hear when I applied this year that LSE prioritise the personal statement over other elements of your application so I would focus on making that the ‘best’ you can. I wouldn’t focus so much on your extracurriculars (things like theatre and volunteering) I would focus more on supercurriculars like attending law conferences and what you gained/learned from them in detail. I didn’t put any extracurricular activities in my statement I just argued about economic theories and talked about activities that I related to economics and elaborated on that. (Luckily I got an offer!)
I think if you display a real passion (don’t use that word) for law in a sophisticated manner you should have a good shot of getting an offer.
Good luck in your application!
username5215060
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 9 months ago
(Original post by econplussal)
Hey there! I don’t work in admissions so I won’t have the EXACT answers but I did hear when I applied this year that LSE prioritise the personal statement over other elements of your application so I would focus on making that the ‘best’ you can. I wouldn’t focus so much on your extracurriculars (things like theatre and volunteering) I would focus more on supercurriculars like attending law conferences and what you gained/learned from them in detail. I didn’t put any extracurricular activities in my statement I just argued about economic theories and talked about activities that I related to economics and elaborated on that. (Luckily I got an offer!)
I think if you display a real passion (don’t use that word) for law in a sophisticated manner you should have a good shot of getting an offer.
Good luck in your application!
thanks for the advice! I didn't expect to get a good reply on TSR but this community is so kind!
econplussal
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 9 months ago
aww that’s sweet of you to say and no problem !
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you have the space and resources you need to succeed in home learning?

Yes I have everything I need (437)
56.24%
I don't have everything I need (340)
43.76%

Watched Threads