Report 7 months ago
A bit rusty on this, but I think
0.025*2*6.022e23
Shimo
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 7 months ago
Well for starters work out the concentration of the sulphuric acid. M = n/V, so 0.025/0.025 = 1M. Sulphuric acid is a diprotic acid, so it has two hydrogen atoms that can dissociate, however you can ignore the second dissociation as it's weak in comparison to the first. Since it's a strong acid the concentration of the acid is the same as the hydrogen ions as it fully dissociates, so [H+] = 1M.
Pigster
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 7 months ago
(Original post by Shimo)
Well for starters work out the concentration of the sulphuric acid. M = n/V, so 0.025/0.025 = 1M. Sulphuric acid is a diprotic acid, so it has two hydrogen atoms that can dissociate, however you can ignore the second dissociation as it's weak in comparison to the first. Since it's a strong acid the concentration of the acid is the same as the hydrogen ions as it fully dissociates, so [H+] = 1M.
The second dissociation may be weak, but is near as damn it considered strong, so the [H+] is very nearly 2x[H2SO4]
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Should there be a new university admissions system that ditches predicted grades?

No, I think predicted grades should still be used to make offers (688)
33.84%
Yes, I like the idea of applying to uni after I received my grades (PQA) (865)
42.55%
Yes, I like the idea of receiving offers only after I receive my grades (PQO) (389)
19.13%
I think there is a better option than the ones suggested (let us know in the thread!) (91)
4.48%

Watched Threads