The Student Room Group

Camp America

Hi, I've always wanted to do Camp America the summer after year 13 but there is so many camps I don't know which to look at. Also when is it best to start applying. Is there deadline dates?
Original post by e.g220022
Hi, I've always wanted to do Camp America the summer after year 13 but there is so many camps I don't know which to look at. Also when is it best to start applying. Is there deadline dates?

I think it may be a little too late to apply for this year.
Reply 2
Original post by Sadruz Zaman
I think it may be a little too late to apply for this year.

Sorry forgot to say, I would be applying for summer 2021

Not sure about a deadline but theres plenty of time for 2021 as its not fully opened yet i am hoping to go as well. Also if you apply online you cant chose a specific camp just a style of camp whereas if you go to recruitment day after starting your online application you directly interview for camps you want to go to and will be told on the day if you get a spot you can view a list of all camps attending online before you go and do some research even if you dont get placed this doesn’t affect your online application the fairs are in nov/jan typically but haven’t yet been set for next year hope this helps xx

Hey @e.g220022!

I'm so glad you're thinking about working at a summer camp! It has honestly been the best experiences of my life! :smile:

So you don't always get to choose the specific camp you want to work at, you go through agencies like AmeriCamp who store your application for camps to pick you, but they do also hold fairs where you can pick camps and have interviews there and then. You can apply now if you really wanted to, but applications stay open for ages. In my first year, I didn't apply till the end of March and was flying off in May! Although the sooner you can apply the better!

Definitely shop around as to what agency you use as there are price differences, difference in wages etc!

Hope that helps! :smile:

Courtney - Official Student Rep :smile:
Reply 5
Original post by University of Portsmouth Student Rep
Hey @e.g220022!

I'm so glad you're thinking about working at a summer camp! It has honestly been the best experiences of my life! :smile:

So you don't always get to choose the specific camp you want to work at, you go through agencies like AmeriCamp who store your application for camps to pick you, but they do also hold fairs where you can pick camps and have interviews there and then. You can apply now if you really wanted to, but applications stay open for ages. In my first year, I didn't apply till the end of March and was flying off in May! Although the sooner you can apply the better!

Definitely shop around as to what agency you use as there are price differences, difference in wages etc!

Hope that helps! :smile:

Hey, Thankyou so much. That's really helpful. Do you recommend any agencies to go through.
Many Thanks Emma
Hey, Thankyou so much. That's really helpful. Do you recommend any agencies to go through.
Many Thanks Emma

Hey!

No problem! So I've gone through Americamp all three years and would recommend as they are the cheapest! :smile:

Post-camp travel is a big thing too, here's my experience: https://www.indialilyblogs.com/post/travelling-in-america-as-a-19-year-old

Quick Reply

Latest