xron
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
so i haven’t done well at all the light my a levels and have suffered with ‘trauma’ which held me back a while and also suffered from an eating disorder which i believe may have impacted my motivation which has lead to my predicted grades being very bad. With the covid 19 outbreak my last minute revising and any improvement i’ve begun making has meant that i won’t be near my requirements for uni. i was hoping to go to plymouth or aberystwyth to study zoology. doesn’t anyone know if i would have any chance of getting into a foundation year possibly through clearing with very bad results (we’re talking U-D) in bio chem and math??
Lizzillo
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
While you can try for a foundation year, it may be worth simply redoing the last year of college and the ALevels, especially if your past issues are not as bad. An extra year to not have U's following you round when you can do better sounds ideal. The more you learn now the easier uni will be in the long term.

Other than that, ring the admissions for your uni and ask them, they know what grades they will take and if they think you'll struggle with the course in the future with the low grades. They also know if they have space and which foundation courses they offer.

Good luck.
xron
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
(Original post by Lizzillo)
While you can try for a foundation year, it may be worth simply redoing the last year of college and the ALevels, especially if your past issues are not as bad. An extra year to not have U's following you round when you can do better sounds ideal. The more you learn now the easier uni will be in the long term.

Other than that, ring the admissions for your uni and ask them, they know what grades they will take and if they think you'll struggle with the course in the future with the low grades. They also know if they have space and which foundation courses they offer.

Good luck.
thank you so much!!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you think receiving Teacher Assessed Grades will impact your future?

I'm worried it will negatively impact me getting into university/college (98)
39.36%
I'm worried that I’m not academically prepared for the next stage in my educational journey (29)
11.65%
I'm worried it will impact my future career (18)
7.23%
I'm worried that my grades will be seen as ‘lesser’ because I didn’t take exams (57)
22.89%
I don’t think that receiving these grades will impact my future (30)
12.05%
I think that receiving these grades will affect me in another way (let us know in the discussion!) (17)
6.83%

Watched Threads