Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 5 months ago
I found out a few months ago that this guy is my mates dad. My mate thinks this guy is just his mate but it his actual blood related dad which it’s only me who knows, I have straight up saying but because I’m younger than him and I joke around a lot he thinks I’m joking so I’m trying to do it in stages. I just don’t don’t think he’s mature enough to know yet even though he’s 20 and I’m 18 nearly 19. His dad who he doesn’t know about is saying leave it till he’s 25 because he’ll go mental if he believed it and took it seriously. He’s been living with his blood mum and his step dad who he thinks is his real dad but isn’t. His actual dad looked after him and used to take them to places but not full time because he thought he was going to be abusive so sent him to live with his mum and Stepdad and stepsister.

It’s just probably to tell mate when he’s younger because 25 might be too old for him to find out. I have tried about 3 times and I am doing it in stages but it’s still not really working and I think he still thinks I’m not serious.

His dad isnt really happy with the career path my friend has chosen as well because he was expecting him to be a builder but he’s a flight attendant. I think it’s the way his mum brought him up he’s ended up choosing a different career path to what you’d expect from a young lad.
999tigger
Badges: 19
Report 5 months ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
I found out a few months ago that this guy is my mates dad. My mate thinks this guy is just his mate but it his actual blood related dad which it’s only me who knows, I have straight up saying but because I’m younger than him and I joke around a lot he thinks I’m joking so I’m trying to do it in stages. I just don’t don’t think he’s mature enough to know yet even though he’s 20 and I’m 18 nearly 19. His dad who he doesn’t know about is saying leave it till he’s 25 because he’ll go mental if he believed it and took it seriously. He’s been living with his blood mum and his step dad who he thinks is his real dad but isn’t. His actual dad looked after him and used to take them to places but not full time because he thought he was going to be abusive so sent him to live with his mum and Stepdad and stepsister.

It’s just probably to tell mate when he’s younger because 25 might be too old for him to find out. I have tried about 3 times and I am doing it in stages but it’s still not really working and I think he still thinks I’m not serious.

His dad isnt really happy with the career path my friend has chosen as well because he was expecting him to be a builder but he’s a flight attendant. I think it’s the way his mum brought him up he’s ended up choosing a different career path to what you’d expect from a young lad.
Do you have a point other than to sound deluded.
What business is it of yours?
Why dont you mind your own?
barnetlad
Rep:
?
Report 5 months ago
I think you should not be telling him.
Anonymous #1
(Original post by 999tigger)
Do you have a point other than to sound deluded.
What business is it of yours?
Why dont you mind your own?
I’m his mate and his dad told me ffs
Anonymous #1
(Original post by barnetlad)
I think you should not be telling him.
He should know though
barnetlad
Rep:
?
Report 5 months ago
He should know though
Not from you, perhaps from his mother. He is not alone and I saw an estimate once that perhaps 5% of children have a biological father who is not the person they know as their dad (excluding known step-parents).
Anonymous #1
(Original post by barnetlad)
Not from you, perhaps from his mother. He is not alone and I saw an estimate once that perhaps 5% of children have a biological father who is not the person they know as their dad (excluding known step-parents).
I think his mum doesn’t want to tell him and his dad was asking me to try to say so I did but he thinks I’m joking
999tigger
Report 5 months ago
I’m his mate and his dad told me ffs
Mind your own business plus how do you know said person is telling the truth. How do you know he wants to know?
You are 18 and you are saying he inst mature enough but you are? FFS.
Anonymous #1
Mind your own business plus how do you know said person is telling the truth. How do you know he wants to know?
You are 18 and you are saying he inst mature enough but you are? FFS.
He needs to know and I’m more mature than him even though I am younger
999tigger
Report 5 months ago
He needs to know and I’m more mature than him even though I am younger
If I was that person I would be horrified by your self entitlemnt to try and interfere in someone elses life.
Mind you own business .
You are either trolling or incredibly immature.
Anonymous #1
If I was that person I would be horrified by your self entitlemnt to try and interfere in someone elses life.
Mind you own business .
You are either trolling or incredibly immature.
Fine I’ll let his dad deal with it
squeakysquirrel
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 5 months ago
Fine I’ll let his dad deal with it
It isn't your secret to tell. Please don't. You
Anonymous #1
(Original post by squeakysquirrel)
It isn't your secret to tell. Please don't. You
Ok
Surnia
Rep:
?
Report 5 months ago
1. It isn't your place to tell. It's up to the family to explain what happened and answer any questions, not for you to give part of a story.

2. Being a flight attendant isn't a career to look down on! It takes a lot of hard work to qualify and carries big responsibilities; they have to deal with everything from abusive passengers to illness on board to emergency evacuations. Credit to your mate for doing this!
Stychomythia
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 5 months ago

Leave it to his dad to tell him. It's between them; and his Dad has a plan for this which you will probably spoil.

And if his natural father isn't happy with his career choice then he'll tell him anyway.

I would try not to be in the middle of this arrangement. People in the middle often get crushed.
Anonymous #1
(Original post by Surnia)
1. It isn't your place to tell. It's up to the family to explain what happened and answer any questions, not for you to give part of a story.

2. Being a flight attendant isn't a career to look down on! It takes a lot of hard work to qualify and carries big responsibilities; they have to deal with everything from abusive passengers to illness on board to emergency evacuations. Credit to your mate for doing this!
I’m not going to tell him

His dad isn’t happy with that career choice he chose
Surnia
Rep:
?
Report 5 months ago
His dad isn’t happy with that career choice he chose
Tough. And it was an unecessary comment for you to make in the context of what you are asking. There's being the biological father and being the father that brings someone up. The biological dad wasn't around to have an input and the mum and stepdad have done a good job and instilled work ethics.
Anonymous #1
(Original post by Surnia)
Tough. And it was an unecessary comment for you to make in the context of what you are asking. There's being the biological father and being the father that brings someone up. The biological dad wasn't around to have an input and the mum and stepdad have done a good job and instilled work ethics.
I think his stepdad isn’t happy with his career choice as well
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Current uni students - are you thinking of dropping out of university?

Yes, I'm seriously considering dropping out (63)
15%
I'm not sure (14)
3.33%
No, I'm going to stick it out for now (142)
33.81%
I have already dropped out (6)
1.43%
I'm not a current university student (195)
46.43%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

Oops, nobody has posted
in the last few hours.

Why not re-start the conversation?

Start new discussion

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise