Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 6 months ago
hi I want to become an accountant the a levels I've chosen are
economics
English literature
accounting

I chose not to do maths as it's not a subject km the best at and I've been told by many that A level maths is very difficult.I've been predicted grade 6 (B) in the subject but don't want to take the risk of having it as an a level.I however love English literature and therefore chose it instead of maths .

Are the options I've picked a good set ??
I'm not trying to get into top end uni's maybe something like Birmingham uni or Leicester but wanted to know if these would be an good choice?
etienne26
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 6 months ago
Yes, those A levels are fine. Honestly, pick A levels you love and enjoy. There are no subject requirements for accounting unless you are applying to the very top unis LSE or Warwick in which you need Maths A level . I am in Year 13 and have applied for accounting and finance. I did Maths, Economics and Geography. Honestly, Maths A level has been difficult and a waste of time for me. I keep on getting D's and E's when my other subjects are straight A's and B's. I thought A level maths was needed for accounting (it helps with your uni application), but is not at all essential. I have loved Economics and Geography though (especially Economics) and wish I took a different subject as opposed to Maths. English lit is a really good choice for any degree choice as writing is required in many professions. Accounting A level will only make your application even stronger. Good luck with your A level choices and hope all goes well for you
ajj2000
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 6 months ago
perfectly decent, especially as you leave Eng Lit open as a degree in a subject you like.
Tia.111
Rep:
?
thank you so much you've helped me with my worries
ajj2000
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 6 months ago
You might also consider the use of maths exam at a level or as to keep up to speed with numeracy.
Tia.111
Rep:
?
(Original post by ajj2000)
You might also consider the use of maths exam at a level or as to keep up to speed with numeracy.
that's a good idea and I will do so thx
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

Oops, nobody has posted
in the last few hours.

Why not re-start the conversation?

Start new discussion

see more

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Current uni students - are you thinking of dropping out of university?

Yes, I'm seriously considering dropping out (127)
14.68%
I'm not sure (39)
4.51%
No, I'm going to stick it out for now (261)
30.17%
I have already dropped out (22)
2.54%
I'm not a current university student (416)
48.09%

Watched Threads