Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
So I've recently had two offers, one from LCF and another from a Russell group uni (University of Glasgow). These are both postgraduate degrees, and the one at Glasgow is Msc Management. Is one better than the other? I've just finished my fashion business BA degree and want to further my studies but I don't know what one would be more beneficial as both Unis are prestigious in their own right.
Is Glasgow good for a postgraduate masters in business?
Will I come out with good job prospects with one over the other?
Any help is much appreciated!!
londonmyst
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
It is more a question of which course and campus suits you.
Based on your personal circumstances, career ambitions and lifestyle.
Accommodation costs, living expenses, quality of teaching, campus culture, networking opportunities.

Try to get in touch with current students and alumni that studied the courses.
Ask them the questions that matter the most to you and then listen to what your gut instinct is telling you.
Good luck!
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
(Original post by londonmyst)
It is more a question of which course and campus suits you.
Based on your personal circumstances, career ambitions and lifestyle.
Accommodation costs, living expenses, quality of teaching, campus culture, networking opportunities.

Try to get in touch with current students and alumni that studied the courses.
Ask them the questions that matter the most to you and then listen to what your gut instinct is telling you.
Good luck!
Glasgow would suit me as it would be free for me to attend and I would not have to pay any living costs. But i'm having trouble trying to figure out the more prestigious course. The LCF one is more fashion based management, where as Glasgow is just management. However with Glasgow I wouldn't be limited in the jobs I apply for. LCF however is the one of the best uni's in the fashion industry, whereas Glasgow is not ranked that highly for business. Thats where my dilemma comes in, as would employers disregard Glasgow because of bad rankings or UAL because it is not a Russel group?
ElG.ONCALVES
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 8 months ago
defo ual looks better on resume and the connections are crazy good you won't regret it
Anonymous #2
Report 8 months ago
UAL is ranked #2 in THE WORLD for arts.

Russell Group is just a brand that those universities have to pay to be a part of, there are many great universities that aren't in the Russell Group and many average universities that are. St Andrews and Sussex are not RG are better than many RG unis.

RG isn't a criteria that should be selected upon IMO.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you think receiving Teacher Assessed Grades will impact your future?

I'm worried it will negatively impact me getting into university/college (98)
39.68%
I'm worried that I’m not academically prepared for the next stage in my educational journey (27)
10.93%
I'm worried it will impact my future career (18)
7.29%
I'm worried that my grades will be seen as ‘lesser’ because I didn’t take exams (57)
23.08%
I don’t think that receiving these grades will impact my future (30)
12.15%
I think that receiving these grades will affect me in another way (let us know in the discussion!) (17)
6.88%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed