Help I pushed my belly bar through my skin!!

Watch
Grace_rose
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 10 months ago
Hey! So I got my belly button pierced on the 4th of May last year, so almost a year ago. It was fine until I tried changing the bar (I'd changed it before and had no problems, and this also wasn't until up around 3 months ago). But when I couldn't pierce it with the new jewelery I panicked and decided to put the old one back in but in my state of worry and panic I couldn't find the hole so when I thought I'd found it and it seems a little closed up I opted to force it through ( I know it was stupid, but I was scared!). Since then I'd been suffering from pain and scabbing from my belly bar and thought I'd just stratched the original piercing and so I thought I'd just give it time to heal and ensure I was cleaning it everyday. Around 3 weeks I took the top off the piece of jewellery I have in to get a better look at the problem only to discover I had 2 piercing holes!! The one without jewellery being the obvious original one, mildly scabbed over and a bit red, and the one with jewellery being the one I'd accidentally made myself. I have no idea what to do, should I take the jewellery out completely and let both holes heal or attempt to repierce the original one?? The one I pieced myself, as you can imagine, is sore and not healing at all so I'm stuck on what do do as I cannot go out and see a piercer for advice. Any suggestions? X
Ali-789
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 10 months ago
(Original post by Grace_rose)
Hey! So I got my belly button pierced on the 4th of May last year, so almost a year ago. It was fine until I tried changing the bar (I'd changed it before and had no problems, and this also wasn't until up around 3 months ago). But when I couldn't pierce it with the new jewelery I panicked and decided to put the old one back in but in my state of worry and panic I couldn't find the hole so when I thought I'd found it and it seems a little closed up I opted to force it through ( I know it was stupid, but I was scared!). Since then I'd been suffering from pain and scabbing from my belly bar and thought I'd just stratched the original piercing and so I thought I'd just give it time to heal and ensure I was cleaning it everyday. Around 3 weeks I took the top off the piece of jewellery I have in to get a better look at the problem only to discover I had 2 piercing holes!! The one without jewellery being the obvious original one, mildly scabbed over and a bit red, and the one with jewellery being the one I'd accidentally made myself. I have no idea what to do, should I take the jewellery out completely and let both holes heal or attempt to repierce the original one?? The one I pieced myself, as you can imagine, is sore and not healing at all so I'm stuck on what do do as I cannot go out and see a piercer for advice. Any suggestions? X
Honestly im not a girl or nothing but id say definitely take it out of the hole you made yourself and let that heal.
Regarding the original hole if its still open and not been left too long or infected you can try to put it back in there but dont force it too much and give the piercing a good clean before you do.

Im my opinion you should just take it fully out for now and let it all health as you can always get it redone professional and there's no real point hurting yourself or causing an infection for it.
black tea
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 10 months ago
Agreed, I would also let it heal.
Sammylou40
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 10 months ago
I’m certainly no expert in piercings but I think you should remove it from the hole you’ve made yourself certainly. Clean it thoroughly and let it heal. You’re definitely prone to infection from doing that.
If you can’t put it in the original piercing then maybe leave it for now. When this is over then you can go to your piercer and sort it out properly. You really don’t need an infection
Grace_rose
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 10 months ago
Thank you for your advice everyone! I will take the piercing out now and allow it to heal and see a piercer when this is all over!
Thank you x
Nicky Bamber
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 8 months ago
Please help me I pieced my own belly last night I unscrewed the both balls I had hold of the bar but then it as gone inside my stomach.... Please help I need it out I'm in load of pain
Sammylou40
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 8 months ago
(Original post by Nicky Bamber)
Please help me I pieced my own belly last night I unscrewed the both balls I had hold of the bar but then it as gone inside my stomach.... Please help I need it out I'm in load of pain
You need medical attention not tsr
haididjensndirj
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
ive literally just done this, had my belly pierced since 2017, just left it out for a week and have now accidentally re pierced it. ive decided to take it out and retire my piercing. its been a good three n a half years but **** me it hurts. also got a bit of skin hanging out the bottom piercing so thats fun.
LunasCorner
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
pleaseee let it heal sis.

i have a belly piercing and i lovee it, i was silly tho and changed it two weeks after getting it done, i was eager lmao but it healed fine
LunasCorner
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by haididjensndirj)
ive literally just done this, had my belly pierced since 2017, just left it out for a week and have now accidentally re pierced it. ive decided to take it out and retire my piercing. its been a good three n a half years but **** me it hurts. also got a bit of skin hanging out the bottom piercing so thats fun.
extra skin hanging should go within 6 months, mine did
Anonymous #1
Report 1 month ago
not a girl and also not gay or bi but when i got my ear pierced and then took it out for a wedding after that i went to put it back in and pierced my ear i fuking hurt that was about 2-3 months ago tho it still hurts
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Which of these would you use to help with making uni decisions?

Webinars (70)
12.15%
Virtual campus tours/open days (141)
24.48%
Live streaming events (50)
8.68%
Online AMAs/guest lectures (54)
9.38%
A uni comparison tool (133)
23.09%
An in-person event when available (128)
22.22%