Watch
TheStarboy
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 5 days ago
(Original post by JockstrapAttack)
I absolutely detest it.
Surprisingly honest. I wouldn't say I detest it but i’m no fan of their history (full of pointless wars and conquest, hypocrisy and countless moral errors)
It's hard when you want to stat religious without being affiliated to a religion.
Last edited by TheStarboy; 5 days ago
Advertisement
JockstrapAttack
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 5 days ago
(Original post by TheStarboy)
Surprisingly honest. I wouldn't say I detest it but i’m no fan of their history (full of pointless wars and conquest, hypocrisy and countless moral errors)
It's hard when you want to stat religious without being affiliated to a religion.
Despite all the wonderful art, music and architecture that religion has inspired, I truly wish it never came about. It's one of the vilest relics of the past that, somehow, so many people still choose to cling onto. It's bewildered me, honestly.
TheStarboy
Rep:
?
Report 5 days ago
Despite all the wonderful art, music and architecture that religion has inspired, I truly wish it never came about. It's one of the vilest relics of the past that, somehow, so many people still choose to cling onto. It's bewildered me, honestly.
To a lot of people, religion is their moral compass. Depending on what kind of denomination they follow, their beliefs and faith will differ. Take away religion and these same people will ’lose’ their moral compass. Religion can be Humanity’s greatest idea but so far, it's been it's deadliest weapon.
Advertisement
JockstrapAttack
Rep:
?
Report 5 days ago
To a lot of people, religion is their moral compass. Depending on what kind of denomination they follow, their beliefs and faith will differ. Take away religion and these same people will ’lose’ their moral compass. Religion can be Humanity’s greatest idea but so far, it's been it's deadliest weapon.
That some people even require religion to have a moral compass is a worrying statement of humanity's inner amorality.
TheStarboy
Rep:
?
Report 5 days ago
That some people even require religion to have a moral compass is a worrying statement of humanity's inner amorality.
It's the only thing they truly believe in. It's creepy to some and admirable to others. I used to believe how atheists were brave to live without religion, now i’m still surprised but I do relate to them a bit.
Advertisement
RogerOxon
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 5 days ago
(Original post by wannabenurse:))
I'm a 15-year-old Muslim girl. AMA
Why are you a Muslim, when it's proven fake?
AmmarZ07
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 5 days ago
(Original post by RogerOxon)
Why are you a Muslim, when it's proven fake?
Don’t normally like to argue with people, especially regarding religion matters. But for God sake come on, the Holy Qura’an stated scientific facts ( 1440 years ago ) that we have just discovered, how is that even possible? And people are still discovering things that were stated in the Qura’an long time ago.

Simple example: ( don’t be shocked )

https://youtu.be/t86nTHTHcU8

Guys, I do have respect for all of you whatever your believes are. Let’s keep it that way. But believe me being honest to you, Islam isn’t what you hear in the media, the thing is many Muslims are actually not following the religion and still carrying its name ( as any other religion followers ). Hope you all the best! Not asking you to follow, but asking you to know the things clearly
Advertisement
RogerOxon
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 5 days ago
(Original post by AmmarZ07)
Don’t normally like to argue with people, especially regarding religion matters. But for God sake come on, the Holy Qura’an stated scientific facts ( 1440 years ago ) that we have just discovered, how is that even possible? And people are still discovering things that were stated in the Qura’an long time ago.
No, it didn't. The Quran contains claims that are proven wrong, e.g. where male ejaculate is produced. You have been lied to, and not fact checked it - do it, or waste your life on this rubbish.

Even if you truly believe what you say, it doesn't prove that anything else that it says is true. Do you understand this?

Beliefs don't get automatic respect - they have to earn it on their merits. You should only have respect for beliefs backed by evidence.
QE2
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 4 days ago
To a lot of people, religion is their moral compass.
This claim is often made, but when you analyse religious "morality", much of it is actually pretty immoral by conventional standards. Religious people generally seem to construct their own personal moral framework despite religion, not because of it.
Advertisement
QE2
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 4 days ago
(Original post by AmmarZ07)

Simple example: ( don’t be shocked )

https://youtu.be/t86nTHTHcU8

Guys, I do have respect for all of you whatever your believes are. Let’s keep it that way. But believe me being honest to you, Islam isn’t what you hear in the media, the thing is many Muslims are actually not following the religion and still carrying its name ( as any other religion followers ). Hope you all the best! Not asking you to follow, but asking you to know the things clearly
The "Quran scientific miracles" claim has been completely debunked many times over.
The example you gave is utter nonsense, in the literal sense. Even as a postgrad research scientist, I had no idea what she was talking about.
Even the Quran quote is wrong. It does not say "by the sky which has the bounce", it says "by the returning heavens". If we consult classical tafsir, they all state that this refers to the returning rains. Some translations even say things like "So I call to witness the rain-producing sky," and "I swear by the raingiving heavens,". https://quranx.com/86.11
And the claim that science didn't know that there were cracks in the earth before 1916 is nothing short of insane! There are descriptions and pictures of the earthquake that destroyed Sparta 2500 years ago that show cracks in the ground. Greeks, Romans and Byzantines used large fissures in the earth in Turkey to access marble and limestone deposits for monument building.
Also, if we consult classical tafsir agains, they all explain this to mean the earth cracking to allow plants to grow through, or springs to rise up. Again, some translations specifically refer to this... "And the earth which splits (with the growth of trees and plants),", "And by the Earth which opens out (for the gushing of springs or the sprouting of vegetation),". https://quranx.com/86.12
The producers of the video are being deliberately dishonest.

If you want a full discussion on these issues where we can analyse your claims in the light of what the Quran and sunnah actually say, and relevant scientific and historical evidence, without derailing this thread - come over to the Religion section. Here is a thread on this very issue that someone else started. See you there. https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/sho....php?t=6613002
JockstrapAttack
Rep:
?
Report 4 days ago
(Original post by QE2)
The "Quran scientific miracles" claim has been completely debunked many times over.
The example you gave is utter nonsense, in the literal sense. Even as a postgrad research scientist, I had no idea what she was talking about.
Even the Quran quote is wrong. It does not say "by the sky which has the bounce", it says "by the returning heavens". If we consult classical tafsir, they all state that this refers to the returning rains. Some translations even say things like "So I call to witness the rain-producing sky," and "I swear by the raingiving heavens,". https://quranx.com/86.11
And the claim that science didn't know that there were cracks in the earth before 1916 is nothing short of insane! There are descriptions and pictures of the earthquake that destroyed Sparta 2500 years ago that show cracks in the ground. Greeks, Romans and Byzantines used large fissures in the earth in Turkey to access marble and limestone deposits for monument building.
Also, if we consult classical tafsir agains, they all explain this to mean the earth cracking to allow plants to grow through, or springs to rise up. Again, some translations specifically refer to this... "And the earth which splits (with the growth of trees and plants),", "And by the Earth which opens out (for the gushing of springs or the sprouting of vegetation),". https://quranx.com/86.12

If you want a full discussion on these issues where we can analyse your claims in the light of what the Quran and sunnah actually say, and relevant scientific and historical evidence, without derailing this thread - come over to the Religion section. Here is a thread on this very issue that someone else started. See you there. https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/sho....php?t=6613002
Love the Hitch profile pic.
Advertisement
AmmarZ07
Rep:
?
Report 3 days ago
(Original post by QE2)

First of all, I DO really appreciate the way you replied to me. Even though we don’t agree on each other claims but you are replying in a very scientific and respectful way that is much appreciated.

Secondly, I would be happy to join you soon. Still afraid that my English language may not help me in these matters as I’m originally Arabic. But I would like to notify you of a very important issue here, that is the Arabic language is much larger than English language in terms of the vocabulary and grammar. It is really complex language even though we ara Arabs but we still hardly understand its complexity. So, when we translate to English there will be some change of course not exactly the same especially that we have many vocabulary that can reach 50 words that has only one meaning in English. I hope you get this point.

Regarding the video, I have many many many miracles that we all agree on that were mentioned in the Qura’an 1440 years ago and had been discovered lately.

Will join you soon. Thanks!
AmmarZ07
Rep:
?
Report 3 days ago
(Original post by RogerOxon)
No, it didn't. The Quran contains claims that are proven wrong, e.g. where male ejaculate is produced. You have been lied to, and not fact checked it - do it, or waste your life on this rubbish.

Even if you truly believe what you say, it doesn't prove that anything else that it says is true. Do you understand this?

Beliefs don't get automatic respect - they have to earn it on their merits. You should only have respect for beliefs backed by evidence.
Please can you explain what is exactly said in the Qura’an and proved wrong? If you do. We all Muslims will transfer. I promise
Advertisement
TsRtSr1001
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 3 days ago
Are people racist to you? And if so, what ethnic group does it the most? I hate how people assume all Muslims are bombers and stuff, and the same for other religions. If they have been, I’m so sorry x
fattyguen
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 3 days ago
whats your ethnicity 😇
wannabenurse:)
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 days ago
What are your thoughts on organized religion as a whole?
honestly, I don't judge those who follow it bc it can help people and some find peace having something to believe and someone to follow. It gives their life a sense of purpose almost. I, myself, just think that I shouldn't stop myself from doing something like eating pork bc my religion tells me not to or in most religions not having a boyfriend. if I were to not do it for my own moral reasons it would be different.
Rep:
?
wow, i didnt expect an ama to start this many arguments but yeah i agree with both. religion is a moral compass for many and that w/o it they may not have one is a worrying statement but it doesn't change the fact that its true and if believing in something stops people from killing more than than they already do then I'm not complaining.
Advertisement
Rep:
?
(Original post by TsRtSr1001)
Are people racist to you? And if so, what ethnic group does it the most? I hate how people assume all Muslims are bombers and stuff, and the same for other religions. If they have been, I’m so sorry x
thank you but why should you have to apologise for the ignorance of others. i haven't had it as bad as other as I've only had threats and stuff thrown at me whilst people shout allahuakbar but I've cousins whos hijabs and niqabs were ripped off and food thrown at them. i don't believe in Islam anymore but the way some Muslims are treated its vile. I'm kinda used to it tho being a poc, Muslim (that wears full hijab), woman, teenager. i get assumptions made about me, judged, directed all the time and I think this annoys me more than the threats. mostly its British white people but also I want to add, the people who pick me up after people push me and the people who apologise on their behalf are also white so it really shows its not the ethnicity but the way they were taught.
Rep:
?
(Original post by fattyguen)
whats your ethnicity 😇
im bengali !
TsRtSr1001
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 3 days ago
(Original post by wannabenurse:))
thank you but why should you have to apologise for the ignorance of others. i haven't had it as bad as other as I've only had threats and stuff thrown at me whilst people shout allahuakbar but I've cousins whos hijabs and niqabs were ripped off and food thrown at them. i don't believe in Islam anymore but the way some Muslims are treated its vile. I'm kinda used to it tho being a poc, Muslim (that wears full hijab), woman, teenager. i get assumptions made about me, judged, directed all the time and I think this annoys me more than the threats. mostly its British white people but also I want to add, the people who pick me up after people push me and the people who apologise on their behalf are also white so it really shows its not the ethnicity but the way they were taught.
Yeah. I understand where you’re coming from. There needs to be more education around equality, at school but also in the workplace so current adults can hopefully learn their errors. Some are too ignorant to ever change, but hopefully some would think twice before hurting someone.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What are you most likely to do if you don't get the grades you were expecting?

Go through Clearing (89)
38.36%
Take autumn exams (76)
32.76%
Look for a job (6)
2.59%
Consider an apprenticeship (8)
3.45%
Take a year out (39)
16.81%
Something else (let us know in the thread!) (14)
6.03%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed