Liverpool Hope University
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
UCAS – just one of the really important things on every prospective students minds right now. It can seem complicated and daunting but we want to make sure that you fully understand everything that you should be aware of.So, its April 2020 and we have some very important deadlines coming up:

19th May 2020 – If you have received all of your decisions by 31st March then you need to reply by the 19th May 2020.

20th May 2020 – If you submitted your application by the 15th January deadline, the Universities have until the 20th May to decide whether or not they are making you an offer.

18th June 2020 – If you have received all of your decision by 4th June then you need to reply by the 18th June 2020.

30 June 2020 – Any applications submitted after the 30th June will be entered into Clearing.

5th July 2020 – This is your last day to apply for UCAS Extra.

6th July 2020 – 2020 entry Clearing opens.

UCAS Extra

Have you used up all five choices and have no offers? Don’t worry! There is back up options – UCAS Extra. UCAS Extra gives you the opportunity to add on an extra choice for your final shot at getting a place before clearing starts.

But wait, if you didn’t use all of your five choices and do not hold an offer you can just add another choice onto Track.

Clearing

Some of you may be fortunate and hold offers to the universities of your choice but for others, clearing is the next step. Clearing is the process by which universities fill the spaces that they have left on their remaining courses. During this time, you can contact the university directly to enquire – it’s that simple! Clearing starts on the 6th July and continues until the 23rd October.

Well who can benefit from clearing? If you:

Are applying after the 30th June 2020

Didn’t receive any offers or don’t want to accept any of your offers

Didn’t meet the initial entry requirements or conditions of your offer

We understand that this is a very uncertain time but we want to reassure you that we are all in the same boat and we are here to support you so please get in touch with any of your chosen universities if you have any questions!
username5228768
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Hi, I got an email from UCAS stating:

To support you, we will be giving all students more time to make decisions on their offers. For most students, this means the new deadline to reply to offers is Thursday 18 June 18:00 (UK time). We will be updating deadlines in Track next week.
Is this correct?
Liverpool Hope University
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
(Original post by roseflamingo)
Hi, I got an email from UCAS stating:

To support you, we will be giving all students more time to make decisions on their offers. For most students, this means the new deadline to reply to offers is Thursday 18 June 18:00 (UK time). We will be updating deadlines in Track next week.
Is this correct?
Hi roseflamingo :hello:

Information regarding UCAS decisions is being updated constantly at the moment, due to the current situation. For the most up to date information, I would double check the UCAS Website.

I hope this helps! If you have any more questions, feel free to ask!

Melissa
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Feeling behind at school/college? What is the best thing your teachers could to help you catch up?

Extra compulsory independent learning activities (eg, homework tasks) (2)
6.25%
Run extra compulsory lessons or workshops (6)
18.75%
Focus on making the normal lesson time with them as high quality as possible (4)
12.5%
Focus on making the normal learning resources as high quality/accessible as possible (3)
9.38%
Provide extra optional activities, lessons and/or workshops (11)
34.38%
Assess students, decide who needs extra support and focus on these students (6)
18.75%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed