Frankiexyz
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 6 months ago
I'm looking to do a novel with the gothic/ horror genre involved. I wanted to do The Woman in Black or Sweeney Todd and the string of pearls- both not allowed. If anyone can recommend a book from this genre that would be permitted at A-level I would be really grateful!
Thanks!
Mckailer
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 6 months ago
(Original post by Frankiexyz)
I'm looking to do a novel with the gothic/ horror genre involved. I wanted to do The Woman in Black or Sweeney Todd and the string of pearls- both not allowed. If anyone can recommend a book from this genre that would be permitted at A-level I would be really grateful!
Thanks!
Frankenstein or Dracula may be worth taking a look at.
Frankiexyz
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 6 months ago
(Original post by Mckailer)
Frankenstein or Dracula may be worth taking a look at.
Frakenstein is on the GCSE spec but I'll look at Dracula- thanks!
Tolgash
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 6 months ago
You've selected some gothic novels and want texts from ‘[that] genre’, so I presume that you want some gothic texts.

(Original post by Frankiexyz)
Frakenstein is on the GCSE spec but I'll look at Dracula- thanks!
I don't understand this. Frankenstein is also studied at A Level. It should be permitted.

However, you could also look at novels like The Italian, Light in August, Outer Dark and The Wasp Factory. These are all taken from OCR's list of set texts for the genre, and there are more there if you want a look.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Should there be a new university admissions system that ditches predicted grades?

No, I think predicted grades should still be used to make offers (514)
33.66%
Yes, I like the idea of applying to uni after I received my grades (PQA) (632)
41.39%
Yes, I like the idea of receiving offers only after I receive my grades (PQO) (312)
20.43%
I think there is a better option than the ones suggested (let us know in the thread!) (69)
4.52%

Watched Threads