Studying Medicine in Canada

Watch
Oumayma
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
Hey guys Hope you all alright,

Okey so I am in YR12 from Uk studying Alevel french english lit and doing a BTEC Applied science, and I really want to study medicine I have seen that some university in england accept BTEC but its too competitive.

I really want to study abroad for example in Canada or Spain but I really dont know how to apply or like I am trying to find a consultant like a cheap agency that could help me through my application. If any of you guys know any please can you send me contact and if you know about canadian or spanish university and you have like experience or know someone that had experience on application for studying abroad please I really need help.

And do any of you guys knows like the entry requirement for med in canada or spain ?
ecolier
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by Oumayma)

Okey so I am in YR12 from Uk studying Alevel french english lit and doing a BTEC Applied science, and I really want to study medicine I have seen that some university in england accept BTEC but its too competitive.

I really want to study abroad for example in Canada or Spain but I really dont know how to apply or like I am trying to find a consultant like a cheap agency that could help me through my application. If any of you guys know any please can you send me contact and if you know about canadian or spanish university and you have like experience or know someone that had experience on application for studying abroad please I really need help.

And do any of you guys knows like the entry requirement for med in canada or spain ?
TSR is a UK-based forum and the Medicine part of the forum is for UK medical admission queries.

I have moved your thread to the international study forum and hopefully you will get a better response here.
Oumayma
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
(Original post by ecolier)
TSR is a UK-based forum and the Medicine part of the forum is for UK medical admission queries.

I have moved your thread to the international study forum and hopefully you will get a better response here.
thank you
JKnight131
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 7 months ago
Here are the following Universities that accept BTEC qualifications in replace of A-level. I've emailed each and one of them.
Brock University
York University
Ryerson University
University of Windsor
University of Victoria
University of British Colombia
Carlton University
University of Calgary
Concordia University
University of Ottawa
Zitka
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 7 months ago
(Original post by JKnight131)
Here are the following Universities that accept BTEC qualifications in replace of A-level. I've emailed each and one of them.
Brock University
York University
Ryerson University
University of Windsor
University of Victoria
University of British Colombia
Carlton University
University of Calgary
Concordia University
University of Ottawa
From this list, only UBC, Calgary and Ottawa have a medical school and unfortunately, none of them accept non-Canadian citizens/permanent residents.
overlord25
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 7 months ago
(Original post by Oumayma)

Since in Canada, medicine is a graduate school thing, you'd need to go through undergrad first, typically in a health/life science program
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Poll: What factors affect your mental health most right now? Post-lockdown edition

Anxiousness about restrictions easing (41)
5.79%
Uncertainty around my education (80)
11.3%
Uncertainty around my future career prospects (75)
10.59%
Lack of purpose or motivation (91)
12.85%
Lack of support system (eg. teachers, counsellors, delays in care) (38)
5.37%
Impact lockdown had on physical health (41)
5.79%
Social worries (incl. loneliness/making friends) (77)
10.88%
Financial worries (45)
6.36%
Concern about myself or my loves ones getting/having been ill (31)
4.38%
Exposure to negative news/social media (42)
5.93%
Difficulty accessing real life entertainment (24)
3.39%
Lack of confidence in making big life decisions (68)
9.6%
Worry about missed opportunities during the pandemic (55)
7.77%

Watched Threads