Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 7 months ago
Which university’s accept FL2 mathematics?
999tigger
Badges: 19
Report 7 months ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
Which university’s accept FL2 mathematics?
You will have to ask them, but the lower you go the more flexible they will be. The alternatives are usually GCSE or FS L2, so am less sure about FL2. If not on the website then you will have to ask.
Anonymous #1
(Original post by 999tigger)
You will have to ask them, but the lower you go the more flexible they will be. The alternatives are usually GCSE or FS L2, so am less sure about FL2. If not on the website then you will have to ask.
Thank you I’m predicted a D for gcse maths at the moment but unsure if they will take that alongside function skills level 2
999tigger
Report 7 months ago
Thank you I’m predicted a D for gcse maths at the moment but unsure if they will take that alongside function skills level 2
A D will be considered insufficient as they only start accepting at level 4.
You should be considering doing either FS or probably more convenient sitting the exam in Septemeber and hoping they lket you in that way notwisthanding you have had 3 opportuunities to resit the exam already.
Anonymous #1
A D will be considered insufficient as they only start accepting at level 4.
You should be considering doing either FS or probably more convenient sitting the exam in Septemeber and hoping they lket you in that way notwisthanding you have had 3 opportuunities to resit the exam already.
Thank you for you help and this is my 2nd attempt since leaving school but this years exams got cancelled
999tigger
Report 7 months ago
Thank you for you help and this is my 2nd attempt since leaving school but this years exams got cancelled
Some people are maths blind. I wouldnt worry you wont be the only one.
Is there a chance you have discalcula?

Thedre are 2 chances a year to sit GCSE maths. Summer i.e April or may and then Autumn in November. I assumed you were Y13. which would give you 2 years from GCSE and as examples 3 tries instead of 4.

FS can be attempted every 6 weeks if you have the money. Just keep going.
Anonymous #1
Some people are maths blind. I wouldnt worry you wont be the only one.
Is there a chance you have discalcula?

Thedre are 2 chances a year to sit GCSE maths. Summer i.e April or may and then Autumn in November. I assumed you were Y13. which would give you 2 years from GCSE and as examples 3 tries instead of 4.

FS can be attempted every 6 weeks if you have the money. Just keep going.
I’m actually 20 I finished college last year but i dislike maths I failed last year with a D so I was supposed to do gcse this September but due to covid the exams have been cancelled
999tigger
Report 7 months ago
I’m actually 20 I finished college last year but i dislike maths I failed last year with a D so I was supposed to do gcse this September but due to covid the exams have been cancelled
I was just amking the point there are 2 sittings a year. You arent the only one who has issues with maths and soemtimes switchi ng to FS is a way round. If you are only after the lower end unis or its not maths relevant then they are likely to accpet FS if you ask.
Anonymous #1
I was just amking the point there are 2 sittings a year. You arent the only one who has issues with maths and soemtimes switchi ng to FS is a way round. If you are only after the lower end unis or its not maths relevant then they are likely to accpet FS if you ask.
Thank you for all your help it’s very appreciated I’ll Definitely look into re sits and FS thank you again.
999tigger
Report 7 months ago
Thank you for all your help it’s very appreciated I’ll Definitely look into re sits and FS thank you again.
Of you get stuck just tag me and I will tell you your options. FS is about half the size. If you wnated to do soemthing like English they might be ok with it compared to if you wnated to do soemthing that involved a lot of maths.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Should there be a new university admissions system that ditches predicted grades?

No, I think predicted grades should still be used to make offers (686)
33.89%
Yes, I like the idea of applying to uni after I received my grades (PQA) (860)
42.49%
Yes, I like the idea of receiving offers only after I receive my grades (PQO) (387)
19.12%
I think there is a better option than the ones suggested (let us know in the thread!) (91)
4.5%

Watched Threads