jncw
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 6 months ago
Hi everyone, I am about to start my undergrad degree this Oct at Imperial and I’ll be doing medical biosciences. I intend to go into academia after postgrad and I would like to know what are some of the best internships I can apply for in the next summer that are related to medical research? How many internships do I need if I want to do a Master’s/ a PhD after my BSc? Besides getting the best grades I can, what else do I need to make sure that I am competitive enough if I want to apply for a PhD program straight after a BSc? If I wish to apply for summer internships in the US, are there any internships that are also available to international students, not just US citizens? Thanks a lot!
Last edited by jncw; 6 months ago
Racresmol
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 6 months ago
The Amgen Scholarships are extremely good (I got one at ETH, but LMU, Karolinska and Pasteur also seemed great). They are usually awarded to 2nd year students tho, or 3rd if you're in a 4-year programme.
Other good ones are the Wellcome Trust internships, and any offered by prestigious research institutes (check out the Crick, Sanger, EMBL, etc). I also remember there were some at EPFL in Switzerland and some Bioscience Centre in Vienna, if I recall correctly.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Current uni students - are you thinking of dropping out of university?

Yes, I'm seriously considering dropping out (185)
14.14%
I'm not sure (59)
4.51%
No, I'm going to stick it out for now (383)
29.28%
I have already dropped out (37)
2.83%
I'm not a current university student (644)
49.24%

Watched Threads