The Student Room Group
Hi @bennyj901 :smile:

North and South Korea seem very interesting for me.
1. UK.
2.China.
3.Italy.
4.Greece.
5.North Korea.
1. Britain
2. Italy
3. India
4. United States of America
5. Egypt
Original post by Student Roost - Bath
Hi @bennyj901 :smile:

North and South Korea seem very interesting for me.

Agreed.. I did want to just put down 'Korea' since both regions have an interesting past. However they remain very much, if not more interesting, today which is why they arent in my top 5.
Reply 5
In no particular order;
Russia
UK
Iran
Greece
Syria
No order
Germany
Israel
Palestine
India-pakistan
Reply 7
To me:

1. Irak: home of the first proper civilization. Sumerians, Babylonians... Fascinating
2. Italy, Greece and France: I put those three together as there was a continuum between them and they contributed so much to the European civilization
3. China: underrated but definitely an amazing place
4. Ethiopia: underrated, to me the most interesting African country.
5. Germany: fascinating contribution to civilization, in a different fascion than France and Italy
You're interested in history you know, that's probably true for all.

Bias is strong with you.

My bias is:

-Ancient Greece, because they created fundaments of modern science, philosophy, methodology, formal logic... They've even built first computers.
-China, because it such a long lasting civilization that achieved extremely much in terms of technology and culture while Europeans were living in houses of mud
-Korea, just because I like their aesthetics, and their history is very disturbed and complicated
-
-Poland, not because I was born in this miserable country, but because of extremely complicated history, that could go from extreme to extreme, religious fanatism and the first modern atheist manifesto in the same century, gaining strenght to repell more numerous or advanced opponents through joining forces with anyone, no matter what nation, religion or race, one of the oldest democracies and multicultural societies in Europe (XVth-XVIIIth century), battles won when enemy outnumbered 6 to 1, fighting back and winning after losing 100% of own territory, using almost only very own forces (The Deluge)
UK
Reply 10
Original post by Napp
In no particular order;
Russia
UK
Iran
Greece
Syria

I know this was 4 weeks ago but I'm going to quote it anyway.

People often underlook Syria when it comes to History. Syria the country and the geographical area have been historically important for 1000s of years.
India
South Africa
Australia
Peru
Ukraine
No order specific:
Egypt
Greece
Italy
Spain
India/Pakistan/Bangladesh
Iraq/Iran (the ottoman empire was very interesting)
China
Japan
UK
Peru

Latest

Trending

Trending