The Student Room Group

Studying Fashion Design

Hi guys - my daughter has offers to study Fashion Design at Manchester, Leeds University and Nottingham Trent - she is struggling to decide between them all - any feedback greatly appreciated
Look up student reviews of uni’s , they are the most accurate you’ll find (especially compared to biased university-made descriptions on site).

Look up league tables of the courses and unis and how they rank.

Wherever she decides to go, she will be living for 3 years. Make sure she likes the cities the universities are in, that will make or break university experience and enjoyment. Going with your gut is usually the best way.

Finally, I can’t speak for the other universities but my best friend is a 3rd year studying fashion design at Nottingham Trent and loves it. I go to university of Nottingham and as a student city Nottingham is amazing , I love it.
(edited 3 years ago)
Reply 2
Original post by ABBEYJOSEPH
Hi guys - my daughter has offers to study Fashion Design at Manchester, Leeds University and Nottingham Trent - she is struggling to decide between them all - any feedback greatly appreciated

I am a current MA Nottingham Trent fashion student and I can say for this uni, The facilities are great here and it's right in the centre of city, the staff are really helpful, however it's a 3 year commitment you might want to think about the city life aswell as nottingham is quite small to manchester.
Original post by ABBEYJOSEPH

Have a look at the graduate fashion wee shows for previous years for each university (I suspect Manchester and Leeds don’t take part in gfw - which is not great if your daughter hopes for a career in fashion).
Reply 4
Original post by srada07
I am a current MA Nottingham Trent fashion student and I can say for this uni, The facilities are great here and it's right in the centre of city, the staff are really helpful, however it's a 3 year commitment you might want to think about the city life aswell as nottingham is quite small to manchester.

thank you so much for taking the time to reply - much appreciated! keep well :-)
Reply 5
thank you so much for taking the time to reply - much appreciated! keep well :-)
Reply 6
Original post by PQ
Have a look at the graduate fashion wee shows for previous years for each university (I suspect Manchester and Leeds don’t take part in gfw - which is not great if your daughter hopes for a career in fashion).

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending