could america be invaded if a civil war broke out?

Watch
Toscana
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
try be easy on me since im not too knowledgeable about other countries political stance on america or whatever but do you reckon an emerging superpower such as china would try to take advantage of an american civil war? on a scale of 1-10, how likely would this scenario be if a civil war occurred?
Napp
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
One
Toscana
Rep:
?
(Original post by Napp)
One
i see. i have another question for you; do you think china will overtake the US as the leading superpower? and if so, when?
Napp
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by Toscana)
i see. i have another question for you; do you think china will overtake the US as the leading superpower? and if so, when?
Possibly but not in the near or midterm.
The key linchpin to the US's superpower status is not just its impressive military but its vast network of alliances, something China has little hope of recreating unless it seriously changes its ways. Equally there isnt really much evidence saying China wants to be the global superpower that America is. a seat at the top decision making table, sure. All the costs that come with being a hegemon? Nope.
Toscana
Rep:
?
(Original post by Napp)
Possibly but not in the near or midterm.
The key linchpin to the US's superpower status is not just its impressive military but its vast network of alliances, something China has little hope of recreating unless it seriously changes its ways. Equally there isnt really much evidence saying China wants to be the global superpower that America is. a seat at the top decision making table, sure. All the costs that come with being a hegemon? Nope.
ohh interesting. i agree with you. i definitely dont see china recreating the same level of global influence that america has managed to spread. most people dont know the name of any province or city within china. however, you ask anyone off the street to name a state or city in the US and theyll be able to tell you multiple. this shows the level of influence the US has on other countries
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you think mandatory Relationships and Sex Education in secondary schools is a good idea?

Yes (358)
84.04%
No (68)
15.96%

Watched Threads