The Student Room Group

What did he mean by this?

was starting a convo to one of my online friends (27M) by basically teasing him about something from our lost convo and out of no where he got serious and responded with:*
"Do you really think I'm upset about something? I can assure you that I don't get emotionally attached that easily"

He was referring to being emotionally attached to me. I dont know where this came from. I literally asked him this question I said "No I don't think that at all. Where did that come from?" And he goes "I must have misunderstood". He ended up apologising, saying hes made it awkward now.*
It's not like him to give me attitude like that and it threw me off a bit. What exactly did he mean? - "Do you really think I'm upset about something? I can assure you that I don't get emotionally attached that easily"

Just a tad hurt by that comment because it was wo unexpected.

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Thats the most anime boy thing I have ever read
Reply 3
Original post by Anonymous

😂😂 what??
Reply 4

nah, he once told me he doesnt get irritated or angry etc at people unless he cares/ aka emotionally attached
nah, he once told me he doesnt get irritated or angry etc at people unless he cares/ aka emotionally attached

:laugh: sounds like a pretty weird guy to me
Reply 6
:laugh: sounds like a pretty weird guy to me

He isnt weird lol he just misunderstood my jokes and thought that somehow I was conveying that he is upset. So he went and said that to me.
Reply 7
bump
Reply 8
We need the context of what you said to him to know what prompted him to respond in that way.
Original post by sinfonietta
We need the context of what you said to him to know what prompted him to respond in that way.

I got irritated once because he wasnt speaking to me as much as he use to and sometimes gave me blunt responses so once I told him that if he doesnt want to talk I would appreciate it if he would just say so. Anyway he happen to just be busy and talks to me a lot more so that concern of mine is gone but sometimes his compliments towards me sounded like a dig/ inside joke about that time where I got irritated. I thought he was just being playful so I called him out on it, and said we will talk about this next time and his response was "😂😂 okay, next time then" so he was fine.

So the next time which was 3 days later I texted carrying that convo on and said "You know even your "double compliment" sounded off 😂

And I thought I would give you the benefit of the doubt lol"

and that's when he responded with "Do you really think I'm upset about something? I can assure you that I don't get emotionally attached that easily"
was starting a convo to one of my online friends (27M) by basically teasing him about something from our lost convo and out of no where he got serious and responded with:*
"Do you really think I'm upset about something? I can assure you that I don't get emotionally attached that easily"

He was referring to being emotionally attached to me. I dont know where this came from. I literally asked him this question I said "No I don't think that at all. Where did that come from?" And he goes "I must have misunderstood". He ended up apologising, saying hes made it awkward now.*
It's not like him to give me attitude like that and it threw me off a bit. What exactly did he mean? - "Do you really think I'm upset about something? I can assure you that I don't get emotionally attached that easily"

It sounds like A- he does not like you romantically and got offended you might suggest he is sensitive to your comments

or B- he does like you and feels silly being sensitive to your comments, so is trying to play it out
Original post by leopard202
It sounds like A- he does not like you romantically and got offended you might suggest he is sensitive to your comments

or B- he does like you and feels silly being sensitive to your comments, so is trying to play it out

Here is more context:

QUOTE=Anonymous;88299494]I got irritated once because he wasnt speaking to me as much as he use to and sometimes gave me blunt responses so once I told him that if he doesnt want to talk I would appreciate it if he would just say so. Anyway he happen to just be busy and talks to me a lot more so that concern of mine is gone but sometimes his compliments towards me sounded like a dig/ inside joke about that time where I got irritated. I thought he was just being playful so I called him out on it, and said we will talk about this next time and his response was "😂😂 okay, next time then" so he was fine.

So the next time which was 3 days later I texted carrying that convo on and said "You know even your "double compliment" sounded off 😂

and that's when he responded with "Do you really think I'm upset about something? I can assure you that I don't get emotionally attached that easily"
dont overthink it dude come on. Just one sentence bc he misunderstood, just drop it already
Original post by alainnah
dont overthink it dude come on. Just one sentence bc he misunderstood, just drop it already

obviously you dont understand the point of the question. Mo one has actually given me decent answers, theyve asked for more context and then not responded so I'm just looking for one decent answer right now

So I'd say its either one of two reasons. A) He's developed an attachment to you or (B) From whatever you were teasing him about the day prior, he may assume you're one of those girls who think all guys like you or maybe you're insinuating that he likes you and he got irritated and wanted to deflate your ego.

This is just my opinion based on my own experiences. Thats why when I'm gaming, I try to stick to topics game related or has no relation to us individually in real life.

It'd also help if you said what you were teasing him about.
Here is more context:

QUOTE=Anonymous;88299494]I got irritated once because he wasnt speaking to me as much as he use to and sometimes gave me blunt responses so once I told him that if he doesnt want to talk I would appreciate it if he would just say so. Anyway he happen to just be busy and talks to me a lot more so that concern of mine is gone but sometimes his compliments towards me sounded like a dig/ inside joke about that time where I got irritated. I thought he was just being playful so I called him out on it, and said we will talk about this next time and his response was "😂😂 okay, next time then" so he was fine.

Ignore my previous reply, I dont know how to delete it. He obviously thinks that you think he likes you and hes making it clear that he doesnt. If i was him i'd reply the same to that comment you sent. Lol sounded like he needed to set the record straight because you were straying a bit

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending