Zjsjjs
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 6 months ago
Do you guys think university will be accepting more people even if they have conditional offer and their grades are lower OR be strict??
PetitePanda
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 6 months ago
They will be strict unless they have places left then they might be lenient with those with grades lower or go straight to clearing for those with the grades they want
swanseajack1
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 6 months ago
(Original post by Zjsjjs)
Do you guys think university will be accepting more people even if they have conditional offer and their grades are lower OR be strict??
There is a report in the Evening standard that predicts there will be 111000 fewer home students and 121000 fewer overseas students this autumn. If the figures are anywhere near right universities will be accepting dropped grades this year.

"Universities face funding 'black hole' amid pandemic Universities could face a £2.5 billion funding "black hole" amid a predicted collapse in student numbers during the coronavirus pandemic, a report has warned. Tens of thousands of jobs risk being lost if the Government fails to take urgent action to mitigate the impact of the crisis, according to research carried out for the University and College Union. The union is calling on the Government to underwrite any funding lost from a drop in student numbers to ensure universities are not "damaged" when conducting research into Covid-19.Nearly three in four universities across the UK - which amounts to around 91 institutions - could be left in a "critical financial position" amid the pandemic, the report suggests. But universities that cater for a large number of international students, who pay more in tuition fees, are set to be hit hardest by a drop in income in the next academic year (2020-21).The analysis, by London Economics for the University and College Union (UCU), warns that a fall in student numbers will lead to £2.5 billion of fee and teaching grant income being lost. It predicts that the pandemic and ensuing recession will result in 111,000 fewer home students, and 121,000 fewer international first-year students, attending UK universities from the autumn. The report also warns that an estimated 30,000 university jobs are at risk, and a further 32,000 jobs are under threat throughout the wider economy, without Government intervention. The total economic cost to the country from the reduced economic activity generated by universities amid a loss in income is estimated at more than £6 billion, the analysis suggests."
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Current uni students - are you thinking of dropping out of university?

Yes, I'm seriously considering dropping out (176)
14.52%
I'm not sure (56)
4.62%
No, I'm going to stick it out for now (355)
29.29%
I have already dropped out (35)
2.89%
I'm not a current university student (590)
48.68%

Watched Threads