Lucyyyy345
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
I need some help on this question for maths!!
I don't even know where to start 😥.

The speed V m/s of a rollercoaster at time t s is given by v(t) = 1/20 ( 50 root t + 20t^2 - t^3)
The distance s m travelled by the rollercoaster in the first 20s is given by s = Integral 20 at the top 0 at the bottom v(t) dt
Find the value of s
Last edited by Lucyyyy345; 1 year ago
Pangol
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by Lucyyyy345)
I need some help on this question for maths!!
I don't even know where to start 😥.

The speed V m/s of a rollercoaster at time t s is given by v(t) = 1/20 ( 50 root t + 20t^2 - t^3)
The distance s m travelled by the rollercoaster in the first 20s is given by s = Integral 20 at the top 0 at the bottom v(t) dt
Find the value of s
The question has told you what you need to do - integrate the velocity function with respect to t. It's even told you the limits to use. Is it the integration that is the problem?

(You'll get more answers to a question like this if you post in the maths forum.)
Lucyyyy345
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
Ohh yes of course! I was just being stupid! Thank you
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you think receiving Teacher Assessed Grades will impact your future?

I'm worried it will negatively impact me getting into university/college (170)
44.16%
I'm worried that I’m not academically prepared for the next stage in my educational journey (43)
11.17%
I'm worried it will impact my future career (31)
8.05%
I'm worried that my grades will be seen as ‘lesser’ because I didn’t take exams (83)
21.56%
I don’t think that receiving these grades will impact my future (36)
9.35%
I think that receiving these grades will affect me in another way (let us know in the discussion!) (22)
5.71%

Watched Threads