Klea Hemsworth
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 6 months ago
Hello, I hope everyone is staying safe due to the corona virus. I'm really stressed and not sure how to revise. Since school is now closed, I don't know how to learn, also my teachers are setting us a huge amount of revision, which I'm grateful for, but I'm not learning anything new. I'm getting stressed out because I'm supposed to be learning.
I have an extremely low confidence and this is making it all worse.

I'm in year 10 right now and if school opens before June, I have my year 10 mocks. The subjects I'm mostly worried about are: Combined science, maths, music and English.

If anyone has any advice for me please tell me. It honestly can be anything. I've been getting panic attacks and I don't know how to calm myself down.

If anyone read this, thank you for spending time reading and I hope you and your family are safe.
Muttley79
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 6 months ago
(Original post by Klea Hemsworth)
Hello, I hope everyone is staying safe due to the corona virus. I'm really stressed and not sure how to revise. Since school is now closed, I don't know how to learn, also my teachers are setting us a huge amount of revision, which I'm grateful for, but I'm not learning anything new. I'm getting stressed out because I'm supposed to be learning.

I'm in year 10 right now and if school opens before June, I have my year 10 mocks. The subjects I'm mostly worried about are: Combined science, maths, music and English.

If anyone has any advice for me please tell me. It honestly can be anything. I've been getting panic attacks and I don't know how to calm myself down.

If anyone read this, thank you for spending time reading and I hope you and your family are safe.
Can you e-mail teachers and ask for help? Are they just sending work rather than online lessons?
Greywolf.
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 6 months ago
(Original post by Muttley79)
Can you e-mail teachers and ask for help? Are they just sending work rather than online lessons?
That’s what my school is doing, I’m in year 12. Honestly there’s no motivation to do it, even when I have the teachers phoning constantly
vladsuvorov1523
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 6 months ago

Try to google or watch videos like Youtube to learn new things. Eat well, rest, and breathe in breathe out when you feel stressed.
stillcrying
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 6 months ago
Use Seneca Learning for your revision - I found it so helpful in year 11!
ohnojay
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 6 months ago
There are a lot of online resources you can use (e.g Primrose Kitten, freesciencelessons) if you're worried about learning all the content. If you have the CGP books, they are useful too. For English try revise quotes and themes then maybe attempt some past paper questions.

Have you tried talking to anyone about how you're feeling, family and friends? If not you can always contact charities to just vent.
Klea Hemsworth
Rep:
?
(Original post by Greywolftwo)
That’s what my school is doing, I’m in year 12. Honestly there’s no motivation to do it, even when I have the teachers phoning constantly
Yeah that’s a problem I have as well
Klea Hemsworth
Rep:
?
I do but they just send me random PowerPoint and reply like a week later or they don’t reply at all some teachers do but not the ones I really need help on
Klea Hemsworth
Rep:
?
(Original post by vladsuvorov1523)
Try to google or watch videos like Youtube to learn new things. Eat well, rest, and breathe in breathe out when you feel stressed.
Thanks for the advice I’ve been trying some breathing exercises they have been helping a bit
Muttley79
Rep:
?
Report 6 months ago
I do but they just send me random PowerPoint and reply like a week later or they don’t reply at all some teachers do but not the ones I really need help on
OK - I can point you to some good websites for Maths - which topics?
Klea Hemsworth
Rep:
?
OK - I can point you to some good websites for Maths - which topics?
That’s would be so helpful I need help on trigonometry and algebra (quadratics specifically)

Thanks!
Klea Hemsworth
Rep:
?
(Original post by ohnojay)
There are a lot of online resources you can use (e.g Primrose Kitten, freesciencelessons) if you're worried about learning all the content. If you have the CGP books, they are useful too. For English try revise quotes and themes then maybe attempt some past paper questions.

Have you tried talking to anyone about how you're feeling, family and friends? If not you can always contact charities to just vent.
Thanks so much I’ll be sure to check out those recourses and yes I’ve talked to my friends and they are doing what they can but the feeling just doesn’t seem to go away.
Klea Hemsworth
Rep:
?
(Original post by stillcrying)
Use Seneca Learning for your revision - I found it so helpful in year 11!
I’ll be sure to check it out.
Thanks for the recommendation
Muttley79
Rep:
?
Report 6 months ago
That’s would be so helpful I need help on trigonometry and algebra (quadratics specifically)

Thanks!
Not sure which level you need so maybe try to find the part of the topic in these: https://www.missbsresources.com/teac...mathspassports

They will link you to relevant clips
Klea Hemsworth
Rep:
?
Not sure which level you need so maybe try to find the part of the topic in these: https://www.missbsresources.com/teac...mathspassports

They will link you to relevant clips
Thank you so much for the help
Klea Hemsworth
Rep:
?
Thank you all so much for replying back to me these links are all going to really help. I hope that you and you your family are safe. It really means a lot to me. 😍😊😊
CoffeeAndPolitics
Rep:
?
Report 6 months ago

Hiya, I'm alright thanks though it's definitely not been an easy time for everybody out there due to Covid-19 but try to take it easy even though it's difficult.

1. You mention that your teachers are setting a huge amount of revision. Do you think the problem is that it's just a bit overwhelming and/or do you just not find it helpful assuming that you're knowledge is secure for the topics covered in revision?
-> Either way, your teachers are always there for you (even if you don't feel that sometimes) and I highly recommend getting in contact with them. Even if in your case, being honest about the revision that's being set and how it's not really helpful for you?

2. I can completely understand the nerves with mock exams and it's completely normal. For combined sciences, maths and English, I would recommend Seneca Learning (covers GCSE/A-Levels), FreeScienceLessons (YouTube), Primrose Kitten (YouTube) and Mr Bruff/Stacey Reay (YouTube) but there's also a tonne of other resources out there. If you have a subscription for Hegarty Maths, I would make use of that. As for music, I'm sure someone else can give appropriate advice about how to go about with that.

Hope this is helpful and useful to you. Sending best wishes to you and your family.
Klea Hemsworth
Rep:
?
(Original post by CoffeeAndPolitics)
Hiya, I'm alright thanks though it's definitely not been an easy time for everybody out there due to Covid-19 but try to take it easy even though it's difficult.

1. You mention that your teachers are setting a huge amount of revision. Do you think the problem is that it's just a bit overwhelming and/or do you just not find it helpful assuming that you're knowledge is secure for the topics covered in revision?
-> Either way, your teachers are always there for you (even if you don't feel that sometimes) and I highly recommend getting in contact with them. Even if in your case, being honest about the revision that's being set and how it's not really helpful for you?

2. I can completely understand the nerves with mock exams and it's completely normal. For combined sciences, maths and English, I would recommend Seneca Learning (covers GCSE/A-Levels), FreeScienceLessons (YouTube), Primrose Kitten (YouTube) and Mr Bruff/Stacey Reay (YouTube) but there's also a tonne of other resources out there. If you have a subscription for Hegarty Maths, I would make use of that. As for music, I'm sure someone else can give appropriate advice about how to go about with that.

Hope this is helpful and useful to you. Sending best wishes to you and your family.
Thank you so much for replying.
I think the problem is that the revision is so overwhelming and I guess you’re right about teachers always being there for. I’m going to email them tomorrow making sure they know that I’m struggling. Thanks for the websites I’ll make sure to check them all out. 😊x
errrr99
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 6 months ago

Thanks!
you can post your trig and quadratics questions on the forums here, people do answer! If you have any music/combined science questions, post those on the forums too...probably more help than your teachers, really!
Klea Hemsworth
Rep:
?
(Original post by errrr99)
you can post your trig and quadratics questions on the forums here, people do answer! If you have any music/combined science questions, post those on the forums too...probably more help than your teachers, really!
That’s true thanks!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Current uni students - are you thinking of dropping out of university?

Yes, I'm seriously considering dropping out (150)
14.78%
I'm not sure (44)
4.33%
No, I'm going to stick it out for now (303)
29.85%
I have already dropped out (26)
2.56%
I'm not a current university student (492)
48.47%

Watched Threads